Secure place to leave the bike near box hill?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahale

Über Member
Is there anywhere apart from the cafe at the bottom? I've started cycling there and then doing a couple of hours walking but not sure if it's a bit rude to leave the bike at those racks right outside the cafe when I don't use the cafe. Am I just overthinking?

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m not sure I’d leave a good bike there as the local ne’er do wells will know that there are valuable bikes ridden and left around the areas

You might be ok with a couple of big locks

I doubt the cafe will notice nor mind?

Tim Hall

Pilgrim Cycles at Boxhill Westhumble station (a cafe and bike shop) might keep an eye out. It's a bit more out of the way than Rykas.

swansonj

Guru
Pilgrim Cycles at Boxhill Westhumble station (a cafe and bike shop) might keep an eye out. It's a bit more out of the way than Rykas.
Dave at Pilgrim Cycles is a very easy going man but you should hear how many people come in and arrogantly ask "what's the cheapest drink I can buy to use your toilets". Even his courtesy is strained sometimes.

Plus the other risk is that once in his shop, you'll start drooling over his bikes and never get on your walk. He even has a carbon Pilgrim bike in stock at the moment for those who like such things...

Top Bottom