Security ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biglad82

Evening all so got myself Carrera Subway today and When i can breath properly again I'll be using it for work, plenty of dirty looking scrounging smack heads around my place of work so have one of these ATM
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_377441_langId_-1_categoryId_165637
Ok it's heavy and cumbersome bud it'll do the job, now the said bike has QR front and rear wheels, any ideas to help keep them out the hands theifing B@$t@**s...... Cheers mark

I use a D lock for the frame/rear wheel and a Kyptoflex Cable for the front.

HovR

Über Member
As HLaB, I use a Kryptonite D lock on the rear wheel and frame, and a cable lock on the front wheel and frame. You could also replace the QR skewers with security skewers.

I use Rohloff gears that I do not wany to lose, so I have Pitlocks on the wheels.

This is basically a skewer with the QR replaced by a limited edition nut that can only be turned by a "key" that fits it.

homepagegraphic.jpg

There are cheaper versions

400bhp

Guru
Evening all so got myself Carrera Subway today and When i can breath properly again I'll be using it for work, plenty of dirty looking scrounging smack heads around my place of work so have one of these ATM
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_377441_langId_-1_categoryId_165637
Ok it's heavy and cumbersome bud it'll do the job, now the said bike has QR front and rear wheels, any ideas to help keep them out the hands theifing B@$t@**s...... Cheers mark

Is the seat post still QR too?

OP
OP
Biglad82

Biglad82

Is the seat post still QR too?
Yes but I have the parts of my damaged bike to be able to replace,

I use Rohloff gears that I do not wany to lose, so I have Pitlocks on the wheels.

I hadn't seen these they look perfect, thank you... Would the cheaper ones be massively different in quality ?

This is basically a skewer with the QR replaced by a limited edition nut that can only be turned by a "key" that fits it.

homepagegraphic.jpg

There are cheaper versions

Would cheaper mean worse quality ??

Yes but I have the parts of my damaged bike to be able to replace,

Would cheaper mean worse quality ??
......ish

Pit locks are a system that is high qualty with a series of "keys.

I have chosen to have a single key for all nmy bikes and trikes, but there is no reason that they should not be different if you are willing to carry a range of keys.

The alternatives are:

Trans X, simply has a 5 sided allen key

31YHX5NoJVL._AA300_.jpg

Pinhead has it's own key, with two pins, not as easy to tighten as the other two

31MlhNtw0zL._SS500_.jpg

MPart have a simple allen key:

dAVYxvAu-kIWhoNni_xW0UouwnHG4pvuyG9dICoz7MfftYMLfDTjThmYQ2JGJK4QYdV60bxn8BtnN6KPqeC5mWRjdMBDyB2ShLMUPuYvv2GdEkrO7Rsy3Gkto-z1rWFJhpbmnfwrGo0T4i-5ce1-ygrjxKjHgps6X8dcT2FPxZzkqSCLt2lku2FvMniSfDZJ

So the idea is the same, just the implementations that are different.

Pays your money, and make your choice.

Personally I though that the above were all possibly vulnerable to a suitable implement being forced in and turned... so bought the Pitlock

musa

Über Member
two d locks for me and the kryptonite cable and my bike is at the train station cycle parking where I work

stu1903

Über Member
I'd use that bad boy to smack those junkies about!

Top Bottom