See that red stuff...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nilling

Über Member
I always thought indicators were an optional extra for a BMW ;)

dondare

Über Member
beancounter said:
I'm a keen cyclist (now commuting to work).
I drive a BMW.
When I'm in my car I know to give my fellow cyclists plenty of room.
We're not all the same, you know.

[dons flameproof jacket, retires to corner]

bc

I sometimes post on "Bimmerforums.com" which is an American site for BMW enthusiasts - which I'm not but they've got a really lively Off-Topic forum.
(Merrycans call BMW cars bimmers and BMW bikes beemers.)

Arch

Married to Night Train
beancounter said:
Then, I apologise.

(Lots of people DO generalise).

Cheers

bc

Well, as you know, my bro-in-law has one, and he's alright. Last itme I was down there actually, he mistakenly over took someone who'd pulled in to let an oncoming car through (it was a very long way off, we all thought the car pulling in was doing so to park) and was terribly embarrassed because he knew the other guy would be thinking "bloody BMW driver!";)

OP
OP
M

monnet

Guru
Magnatom - as I said, responses failed me at the time although the one that crossed my mind immediately after the event was 'I should have blown them kisses.'

On the Beemer theme, I have a couple of mates you drive BMW's, they cycle and give cyclists plenty of respect - although the proportion of instances involving BM's does seem high in my experience. Still, I've got one pal who recently sold his Boxster. I thought it was becuase he found it impractical in London, the real reason was that at every junction people gave him the international hand signal for onanism.

Anyway, today was much more pleasant and I got out with the chainy later as well, and there was no trouble there either (well, not from motorists, plenty from my legs and lungs!)

Plax

Guru
beancounter said:
Then, I apologise.

(Lots of people DO generalise).

Cheers

bc

Talking about generalisations - 4 x 4 drivers. I've had some wonderful 4 x 4 drivers recently. They seem to be the ones to hang back and over take properly giving plenty of space. I've never had a close pass from a 4 x 4.

Top Bottom