1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seen this US cycle safety vid?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by starseven, 31 Oct 2007.

1. starseven

starseven Guest

US cycle safety video

We could do with a UK version, maybe a Cyclechat production. :blush:

The American presenter is quite easy on the eye, (if a little masculine vocally), I do like the " you have the same rights and responsibilities as other road users".

Who could we ask to star in the CC version?.

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

She could at least have gone naked for the cameras.

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

maybe arch could present

4. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

A bit OT I know, but alecstilleyedye O...M...G... how on earth do you manage to hold your handlebars?!?!?! Your summer bike looks as if it would nearly put your head below your bum!!

5. alecstilleyedye

works for me. the headstock/bars bit of that bike is the only halfords bit left on the bike, which is why it's the least elegant bit i suppose.

6. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I'm flattered, but fear I'd never live up to that tanned fit look...

If you want a show presented by a slightly pasty barrel shaped person, I'm ready...

Got no sound here, so can't really comment on the film. But a UK version could only be a good idea. Include the DVD with every new bike sold... Along with a condensed Cyclecraft pamphlet.

7. alecstilleyedye

anyone think we could make a cycle-chat version? i have digital editing facilities (not the rubbish ones that come with windoze), have we any actors, camerapersons etc in the house?

8. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Not professional at any of those things, but I'm a shameless wannabe luvvy, so would be happy to act. Or to point a camera, but I only have my little digi and my helmet cam. Ideally, we'd need a good video camera...

9. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I think Patrick was quite keen last time we were talking about making a film. He may lose interest once he finds out it is of the public information variety though.

10. alecstilleyedye

actually i know a bloke here with a decent video camera (he's a cyclist but not on here afaik), but he'd probably want to edit too :blush:

11. Bokonon

Bokonon Über Member

They're all riding on the wrong side of the road! That can't be safe!

12. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

I could present any video. Qualified (City and Guilds) in teaching adults so used to being in front of loads of people. Also did two seasons as a local tour guide in Leicester :blush:

13. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

OH! And I talk a lot better then I type

14. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

Don't be silly Bokonon, it's perfectly safe, just as long as you are wearing a helmet.:blush::biggrin:

15. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

There is a LOT of ropey cycling displayed in that video, it could almost be used as a "don't ride like this" educational.