Self-indulgent extravagances

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I nearly bought one of those years ago when the cats used to go off on 2-3 day expeditions. Nowadays once barely leaves the house/garden and the other sits on the front drive begging affection from the passing public. How far do yours roam?
Up and down the whole housing scheme, but you can mostly find my Alfie in the wild garden 2 houses along: there are mice :laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
todays indulgence
cycled to work at 4,15 am did a full days work lifting and sweating , rode home again got in about 4 pm
quick dinner then drove 25 miles to pick family up as they had taken the bus to see "steps " band cd signing , drove home and now im off to bed as the alarm is set for 3.45 am

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
...and before someone else reminds me, the other group who are largely insulated from the cost of living are those of us with substantial savings and high incomes. Do I feel lucky? Hell yes.

Reactions: C R

Chislenko

Veteran
This is your regular reminder that state pensioners are the only group of welfare recipients whose income is protected by the triple lock and therefore are largely insulated against increases in the cost of living.

I guess you missed the part last autumn where Rishi suspended the triple lock!

Alex321

Veteran
Foreign holidays is our main one, or at least was. I have usually taken a ski holiday by myself each year, and my wife & I have usually gone abroad for a holiday once or twice a year together.

But the last time either of us went abroad was in 2018. We may do so again within the next couple of months though.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Cafes and good restaurants. But also bespoke bikes, made-to-measure (in my defence, I spend a long time sitting on them).
Liquitex is my brand-of-preference for acrylics, though the Daler & Rowney System 3 are pretty decent too, and they do big flip-top tubes and tubs which is handy for the ones I use the most.
Since the early 70s, Liquitex is the only acrylic I could get on with. I occasionally try one of the other brands, but so far they've never failed to disappoint.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I guess you missed the part last autumn where Rishi suspended the triple lock!

Temporarily, as a one-off, when wage rises were artificially inflated by Covid. It's now back in place, which means the state pension is likely to rise by nearly £1000 a year next year.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This is probably one of mine. Camping Gaz party grill. Love it.

20220825_191338.jpg

Chislenko

Veteran
Temporarily, as a one-off, when wage rises were artificially inflated by Covid. It's now back in place, which means the state pension is likely to rise by nearly £1000 a year next year.

But things can change.

Just out of interest with regard to your other post, is your brother a fireman?

Last edited:
Top Bottom