Selle Italia " Cipollini King Lion " Century saddle SOLD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
on one of my recent bike collection journeys i was offered this 1 ride old and as good as new very lightly used Selle Italia limited edition saddle .

Comes with the original Selle Italia cloth , the removed tag and string and sales brochures all in the original box .

As you can see main body of saddle is yellow with red and blue stripes with the king lion and signature embroidered , no markings to top side of saddle and just light marking on the " Forged " rails where it was mounted . On both underside corners at the rear it looks as if the glue has failed and a small bit on each corner has lifted see picture .

Aprox 140mm wide at the widest point . At first i thought this was new but the gent i got it from admitted to the 1 ride around the block fitment .

Asking £90 collected from nn8 Wellingborough or £100 sent via my hermes to a uk postcode

IMG_20170705_180302781.jpg IMG_20170705_180316336.jpg IMG_20170705_180330762.jpg IMG_20170705_180339952.jpg IMG_20170705_180335988.jpg IMG_20170705_180606326.jpg

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm mystified by this. Are there limited edition saddle collectors out there or is there some connection between cycling and 'The Lion King'?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I'm mystified by this. Are there limited edition saddle collectors out there or is there some connection between cycling and 'The Lion King'?

I dont know re collectors , but there are a lot of people out there that like a splash of colour and style on or in there bikes .

And its " King Lion " not lion king which as far as ic an remember was'nt even his nickname

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
What good is it when you're only going to put your sweaty arse on it anyway :tongue:

Lovely colours though. Though to find someone that has a frame in similar matching colours will be a nightmare

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
What good is it when you're only going to put your sweaty arse on it anyway :tongue:

Lovely colours though. Though to find someone that has a frame in similar matching colours will be a nightmare

I think you would find it hard to match but then on the other hand i think it could go on any bike

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
My mate's got one of the above in the same colours.

Does he want a matching saddle ?

J1888

Über Member
I dont know re collectors , but there are a lot of people out there that like a splash of colour and style on or in there bikes .

And its " King Lion " not lion king which as far as ic an remember was'nt even his nickname

He was nicknamed the Lion King

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Often when you put things up for sale I think how nice it would be to own that (retro bikes and bits)

This isn't one of those times.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
How stupid, I didn't read it properly. I can now see the Cipollini connection. The colours allude to the film I guess.

Saddle manufacturers do all sorts to sell their saddles, this on my Giant cfr has got to be one of the silliest:

IMG_20170706_092137.jpg
Comfy saddle though.

Top Bottom