Selling a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The bikes I've sold, two were one here, one on FB and one on Nextdoor. Either cash or bank transfer, and I could check the money was there before the bike left.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Got no response on the for sale section on here, a few chancers on gumtree offering far below the asking price and didn’t bother with Facebook marketplace, eBay’s always been my site of choice, £1 max seller fee on higher value items but other bits and bobs -lower value stuff I don’t usually worry, suppose I should but I’m not that “on it” to wait or catch the offers.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Ha ha ha - just signed up to PinkBike but it took me two attempts as I failed the " I am not a robot test" - it was a mathematical sum you had to give the correct answer too!

Kingfisher101

Über Member
With Gumtree and Facebook marketplace you can end up getting inundated with stupid low offers and swaps for play stations/dogs etc!. People also want you to give it to them and drop it round at their house.Its unbelievable.
I'd just say the price is the price, no offers etc and set it at a reasonable amount and say silly low offers will not be replied to.

Zanelad

Guru
I sold the grandson's bike on ebay. Although I said cash on collection in the listing , the buyer paid by Paypal. Paypal held the money until the buyer marked the item as having been received. I was unhappy with this as they could have collected the bike, then said it hadn't been received and got their money back. I explained this to the customer and they cancelled the paypal transaction and paid when they collected the bike.

pjd57

Veteran
I'm actually in Musselburgh and not NI, my username is just a reflection on my home town.

I still have the original receipt and the receipts for any work done on it. I was more thinking about how you "sealed the deal" or protected yourself from being mugged etc
Totally off topic, but I'm in Mussleburgh once or twice a month ( grandweans )
Always loads of cyclists heading along past the racecourse.
Must be some good coastal routes in the area.
I had hoped for an epic Glasgow - Mussleburgh - Glasgow all day epic , but 2020 got in the way.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Totally off topic, but I'm in Mussleburgh once or twice a month ( grandweans )
Always loads of cyclists heading along past the racecourse.
Must be some good coastal routes in the area.
I had hoped for an epic Glasgow - Mussleburgh - Glasgow all day epic , but 2020 got in the way.

Yeah, some excellent routes and the one out by the racecourse towards Aberlady is fantastic, mainly because it's the flattest one lol, anywhere else and you start going upwards!

Top Bottom