Sending a PM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
Please help! I cannot recall how to send a PM. I have done it before but I just cannot do it now. Can someone please set me right. I must be going senile. Thanks.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Look at the top right hand side of the, page. See inbox. Click on that. Input persons name and give the thread a name. Type message and create message at the bottom. Bingo

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
Sorry folks, I am missing something here. The PM form wouldn't accept the person's name. Is there a particular format it has to be inputted?

I click on the avatar of the person to whom I wish to send a message to and it goes to their profile page. I cannot see a thing about "Start a Conversation". I can only see the bit about posting to their profile page, which of course is not private.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Wrong Info. Just type in welsh dragon a small box should appear with my name to show you its correct, then give the pm a name.

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
It's OK, I think I sussed it, thanks. For some reason, when I put the recipients name in the box the drop down list of names didn't appear. I just tried again and it did.

I tried the @ prefix and it made no difference, maybe for the same reason as no drop down box.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's OK, I think I sussed it, thanks. For some reason, when I put the recipients name in the box the drop down list of names didn't appear. I just tried again and it did.

I tried the @ prefix and it made no difference, maybe for the same reason as no drop down box.
No idea why you didn't get the drop-down box, but you don't need the @ thing. That's for when you're alerting a poster about something that's relevant to them.

DancingDad

Have looked at the instructions in this thread but so far with no luck. I don't seem to get the option to type anything into the inbox pop up when it appears. Clicking on a person's avatar as described above is no better. Is this because I am a relatively new and inactive member so far or am I missing something?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Have looked at the instructions in this thread but so far with no luck. I don't seem to get the option to type anything into the inbox pop up when it appears. Clicking on a person's avatar as described above is no better. Is this because I am a relatively new and inactive member so far or am I missing something?
When you click on the person you want to PM,s avatar there should be a box comes up and the second option along has Start a Conversation.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

You haven't posted enough for the PM feature to open up for you.

Top Bottom