Sensible parental advice..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
If you don’t eat your carrots then you won’t be able to see in the dark!
I eat tons of them, and I can't see properly in the day light.
"Don't go past the end of the street" (we lived on a cul-de-sac) "or the bogey man will get you"

Hasn't found me yet...
He must have found me ages ago, I've been picking them out of my nose for as long as I can remember.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Life’s unfair you’d better get used to it

simongt

Guru
Apparently there's a 'tradition' that if you're passing a pocket knife on to someone, even as a gift, the receiver must always pay for the knife, even just a penny.
Anyone else come across this one - ?

Jameshow

Veteran
I can't agree. A crying child needs support from someone that loves them, not a threat of violence because they're crying.

Especially if the crying was caused by violence in the first place.

I totally agree.

She said it and in hindsight it was true but not the right thing to say.

I would never say it... Although it has often come to mind when dealing with people who like to winge!!

simongt

Guru
In this neck of the woods, it's not uncommon to see / hear a child crying, but said child is actually whingeing because it isn't getting it's own way.
But that is a whole different situation.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Apparently there's a 'tradition' that if you're passing a pocket knife on to someone, even as a gift, the receiver must always pay for the knife, even just a penny.
I thought you had to give silver with it, otherwise the knife is cutting your friendship

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite

No, but it sounds similar to giving someone a purse or wallet where you have to put a coin in there as well, else it's bad luck.

Top Bottom