Sensible Shaving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
All razors are disposable, the difference is whether they can be recycled. Maybe you'd like to suggest it to the manufacturer.
I suggest to the manufacturer that they don't make single use razors by not buying them - or at least minimising my use of them. I bought a pack of 10 (or maybe it was 12?) not long after I started working here 12 years ago becuase the hot water wasn't working at home, and I still have seven of them.
The only shaving implement that can be recycled is a DE razor blade, but i dont particularly like using them. Those that do fill your boots. But dont preach to me about what shaving item i should use, i've no doubt there are all sorts of plastic items in your lives that you could do without, but wont. Of course you wont admit it, such is the hypocritical arguments on forums.
I think the thing with disposable ones is that the whole thing is single use. At least with cartridge razors you re-use the handle. (And as you point out, DE blades are easier to recycle as they are just one material, and of course the old cut-throats don't have any parts that need recycling)

Smudge

Veteran
I suggest to the manufacturer that they don't make single use razors by not buying them - or at least minimising my use of them. I bought a pack of 10 (or maybe it was 12?) not long after I started working here 12 years ago becuase the hot water wasn't working at home, and I still have seven of them.

I think the thing with disposable ones is that the whole thing is single use. At least with cartridge razors you re-use the handle. (And as you point out, DE blades are easier to recycle as they are just one material, and of course the old cut-throats don't have any parts that need recycling)

My Gillette Blue II's aren't single use, they are 15 times use. As i shave every other day each one lasts me a month. They're the razor that works for me, so i shall carry on using them.
There are numerous non recyclable, single or limited use, plastic things in my bathroom, my kitchen, my garage. And i'm willing to bet there is in your house as well.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The only shaving implement that can be recycled is a DE razor blade, but i dont particularly like using them. Those that do fill your boots. But dont preach to me about what shaving item i should use, i've no doubt there are all sorts of plastic items in your lives that you could do without, but wont. Of course you wont admit it, such is the hypocritical arguments on forums.
Who’s preaching? Just a suggestion. We can all do better in many ways, a little prompt doesn’t hurt!

Top Bottom