Sensible Shaving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark pallister

Safety razor user here because I found it gives the closest shave and I suffer fewer nicks (if any) than with a plastic job. Shop around for blades and you can get 100 of them for £10 - £15 and they'll last you forever.

An electric shaver will never be as close because there's always a foil layer between the cutting heads and your skin.

In that case, do your shaving just before you go to bed the night before. That way things will have calmed down by morning and you'll be presentable again.

P.S. There's no need for foams or soaps if you wet your face for a few minutes first.
Yep same here ,I get the blades of eBay and shave straight after a shower so no need for any type of lubricant

Shaving? Wots dat den?
:biggrin:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I just use use soap and a multi-bladed blue razor- a Gillette one at the moment I think. Just depends on what's on offer when I have to buy new blades. Usually shave every day... one blade normally lasts for weeks and only replace them when the blade starts to drag too much.

Never seen the point of all the trendy stuff and why anyone would want to pay someone to shave them with all the palaver of hot towels and a cut throat razor just doesn't make any sense to me, no matter how 'close' you can get it grows back just as fast the next day- waste of money and God help them if they start signing in harmony.

Anything for the week-end sir?

Last edited:

Smudge

Veteran
Gillette Blue II..... As myself and others on here use these top disposables.
Superdrug have em on offer again. £2.83 for a pack of 20 online & instore. I always stock up when they're this price.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Got two rechargeables which came from Aldi/Lidl I think. One lives in my emergency overnight bag which I always have in the car if off on mainland even on a day trip. It has been used as on some occasions one night ( think current weather) has turned into two or three and once up to a week. Always kept charged after a trip. I find then pretty good and the trimmer bit comes in useful as well.

OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
Gillette Blue II..... As myself and others on here use these top disposables.
Superdrug have em on offer again. £2.83 for a pack of 20 online & instore. I always stock up when they're this price.
I wouldn’t class a disposable version of something that doesn’t have to be disposable as “sensible” though.

Smudge

Veteran
I wouldn’t class a disposable version of something that doesn’t have to be disposable as “sensible” though.

All razors are disposable, the difference is whether they can be recycled.
Maybe you'd like to suggest it to the manufacturer.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
The older I get, the more I realize the insidiousness of plastic. Disposable plastic is one of the worst as it's used so little, and like other plastics it's got to go somewhere (sadly oftentimes the ocean, enjoy your fish and chips!) though on the good side it will decompose....

But in 500 years.

Think about that (some people think even longer than that). Whenever and where ever possible I try to use more eco friendly alternatives or at least try to use the plastic I do use many times over. I think it's worth giving an alternative shaving approach a go :smile:

Yebbut, it’s single use plastic innit....

Smudge

Veteran
The only shaving implement that can be recycled is a DE razor blade, but i dont particularly like using them. Those that do fill your boots. But dont preach to me about what shaving item i should use, i've no doubt there are all sorts of plastic items in your lives that you could do without, but wont. Of course you wont admit it, such is the hypocritical arguments on forums.

Top Bottom