Sensitivity to low sun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm in my early 50's. In recent years I'm sure I'm finding low sun more difficult. In the past, it was just a vision thing, the same for everyone. But now, walking or cycling into blinding low sun, at times I find myself feeling distinctly uncomfortable, unable to focus, feeling dizzy and nauseous. And the black negative vision you get for a few moments after looking at a bright light seem to lasts longer now.
Is this just part and parcel of getting old ?

screenman

Legendary Member
Yes I imagine it is, but worth seeing a proffesional about it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I suspect it is the aging process but you know what the answer is going to be.... go and see an optician. If there is a problem they can monitor it and possibly give medication (I assume they can as my mum has some medication prescribed for her eyes).

We are at the worst time of year for the low sun so hopefully it will start to be less bothersome as we head towards summer.

dim

sunglasses might help .....

I'm using a pair that are rated as category 2-4, anti fog, photochromic, and Polarized, and they definately help me, especially if I go on an early morning ride with the sun in my face (rising).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get checked out, just in case ! At least an eye test will give you peace of mind.

Top Bottom