Serial offending by disqualified drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Dag Hammar

I like your summary, I had never considered that to be driving whilst disqualified could be deemed to be contempt of court.
It should be, but unfortunately we do not inhabit a country where common sense / fairness / justice prevails.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd agree. Aside from the lack of licence, theyre not insured (the way rhe RTA is written makes driving otherwise in accordance with a licence incompatible with having a valid insurance) often - as is being reported here - pithed and drugged up, so its not good. In my experience its usually 3rd or 4th time driving disqual before they get a spell in the chokey.

The good news is they usually get remanded to court rather than bailed, because of the risk of them continuing to drive and endangering public.

Its actually not easy to lose a driving licence. You have to be either incredibly dangerous or stupid to lose it one one hit, or be a persistent breaker of the law over a period of time to lose it by totting up and this takes a fair bit if application and effort. Its not something a cqreful and competent driver can do by accident.

This being the case, I reckon anyone who earns a ban should be banned for life, and any breach should garner an automatic custodial sentence to reflect the risk to the innocent public at large.

Sadly, the odds of me ever being PM are looking increasingly slim :laugh:

From what I read - her boyfriend bought her the car. Even though she's on a ban. Muppets the lot of them.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

A first offence of driving while disqualified should bring a further disqualification of double the original period and a £1000 fine. All subsequent offences should attract ever-increasing prison sentences, starting from 4 weeks, with the disqualification clock to restart (not resume) on release.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The merits of Katie Price aside, Serial offending by disqualified drivers is a far bigger issue with serial criminal drug gangs etc than it is with media personalities. The also tend to do more harm to others.

I'm not surprised KP has the odd wobble, she has a tough time with her son and get endless trolled on SM etc

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
A first offence of driving while disqualified should bring a further disqualification of double the original period and a £1000 fine. All subsequent offences should attract ever-increasing prison sentences, starting from 4 weeks, with the disqualification clock to restart (not resume) on release.
Sounds good until you realise that a driving ban is based on honesty and not driving whilst banned.

But also that not doing things to warrant a ban is in itself dishonest.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

The merits of Katie Price aside, Serial offending by disqualified drivers is a far bigger issue with serial criminal drug gangs etc than it is with media personalities. The also tend to do more harm to others.

I'm not surprised KP has the odd wobble, she has a tough time with her son and get endless trolled on SM etc

This thread isn't specifically about Price but the frequency of drivers offending by driving whilst disqualified.

However, she's been disqualified six times. That's not an odd wobble.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I had an ex BF who drove while disqualified. He had a driving job for a courier company, who were not happy after he had a prang and they found out.

The way that ex BF got the job was that he had mislaid his license in a house move, he said, applied for a replacement and used that. That was the licence that he was banned for a year on. Drink driving. I had no idea about any of this as was working away during the week at this time, only saw him at weekends for a meal out, days out etc. He used the ‘found’ licence, that he had originally mislaid, in the move to get the driving job. Paper licence in those days.

He was a dishonest bugger which is why I stopped dating him.

There is a chap that I used to work with who had/has 20 plus points on his licence. He avoided a ban because of needing his car to get to his work. This is something that really annoys me. He clearly kept speeding. As far as I know, he is still in his current role, he was in August. I saw him. The over 12 points and still offending annoys me more than the Katie Prices of this world somehow.

Top Bottom