Seroma - edit: massive infection, Take 2...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok, the plan. I have to sit and twiddle my thumbs until surgery on Thursday, in order to keep the bed. Except I don't have one, because of musical beds...I was shifted to a Cardio-Thoracic ward at 2am yesterday, after some bad emergencies came in.
If that is not successful, it's Plan C with removal/spacer/new joint. This might well consume most of this year, although I hope not.
Additionally there now seems to be a mechanical problem with the current joint and this might short-circuit the whole thing to Plan C anyhow. It's causing a great deal of pain which just adds to the teeth-grinding frustration of it all.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nightmare - I've had a dodgy op that's left me in pain and on 'meds' for the last 6 years, although pain is manageable, but it's now't as serious as yours. All you want is the infection gone so you can get on with recovery.

D

Deleted member 1258

Ok, the plan. I have to sit and twiddle my thumbs until surgery on Thursday, in order to keep the bed. Except I don't have one, because of musical beds...I was shifted to a Cardio-Thoracic ward at 2am yesterday, after some bad emergencies came in.
If that is not successful, it's Plan C with removal/spacer/new joint. This might well consume most of this year, although I hope not.
Additionally there now seems to be a mechanical problem with the current joint and this might short-circuit the whole thing to Plan C anyhow. It's causing a great deal of pain which just adds to the teeth-grinding frustration of it all.

:hugs: sounds a right brstard

Katherine

Guru
Best wishes to you for a successful op and a good recovery.

Top Bottom