Seroma - edit: massive infection, Take 2...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Going to be expecting answers today, life must go on. I'm turning into a vegetable, and it also feels vaguely like I'm an impostor, as virtually everyone else is a leg injury/problem , and I'm the only one who can get up and stroll around without crutches or a Zimmer frame..

I know this situation well, I could probably negotiate the corridors of our local hospital blindfolded now, I walked a few miles round them, although I wasn't completely equipment free, I had to carry the extraction pump in a shoulder bag.

Rocky

Hello decadence
@DCBassman - I’m sorry I’m late to this but you have my sympathy. I do hope things improve. Mrs Surly had a seroma in her left armpit following cancer surgery. She got major sepsis six months after her surgery and it was touch and go for nearly a week. I thought I’d lost her. The hardest thing was getting a diagnosis. She’s now fighting fit. Do take care and I wish you all the best.

@DCBassman - I’m sorry I’m late to this but you have my sympathy. I do hope things improve. Mrs Surly had a seroma in her left armpit following cancer surgery. She got major sepsis six months after her surgery and it was touch and go for nearly a week. I thought I’d lost her. The hardest thing was getting a diagnosis. She’s now fighting fit. Do take care and I wish you all the best.
Hi, yes, that's the usual path for seromas, apparently. I think they should treat them all, any cause, as incipient sepsis. Would probably save people a lot of pain and the NHS a lot of money. Glad to hear Mrs Surly is back to A1. I intend to be too, and quickly!

Rocky

Hello decadence
Hi, yes, that's the usual path for seromas, apparently. I think they should treat them all, any cause, as incipient sepsis. Would probably save people a lot of pain and the NHS a lot of money. Glad to hear Mrs Surly is back to A1. I intend to be too, and quickly!
Thanks!!

I understand that the NHS has changed its protocols for cancer patients who think they've got sepsis - rather than assuming they are being anxious, the assumption is that they have an infection and need to be treated. Reading your timeline here, it seems you went through the same scary process. In my wife's case it was because she was still immunocompromised from the chemo - obviously very different to you - although the outcome is still pretty devastating.

Thanks!!

I understand that the NHS has changed its protocols for cancer patients who think they've got sepsis - rather than assuming they are being anxious, the assumption is that they have an infection and need to be treated. Reading your timeline here, it seems you went through the same scary process. In my wife's case it was because she was still immunocompromised from the chemo - obviously very different to you - although the outcome is still pretty devastating.
In my case, the infection remained localised in the joint, so sepsis not even started. It could easily have been very different.

No temp, you've no need to go to A&E.
No temp, but massive lump...A&E.

Top Bottom