Seroma - edit: massive infection, Take 2...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fingers crossed you get some answers.

At least you can move about. 6 weeks lying flat on my back, not being able to move even for a pee wasnt fun.

Are you allowed out of the ward, even if just a walk to the hospital cafe ?

Fingers crossed you get some answers.

At least you can move about. 6 weeks lying flat on my back, not being able to move even for a pee wasnt fun.

Are you allowed out of the ward, even if just a walk to the hospital cafe ?
I've actually spent some time back home, between IV antibiotics, and to the nearest pub for a meal and non-alcoholic drink, so some insanity avoided.
It seems that the previous bottom line has been amended, and a 2nd joint is possible, if needed, so that's a bit of a relief. But it's still a waiting game for the microbes...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think you are being incredibly brave about this nightmare!

Try to keep your spirits up, and let's hope that replacement shoulder #1 is saved by the drugs. (I don't quite understand how an artificial joint can be damaged by a bug so I assume it is the tissue that it is attached to that is the problem?)

I think you are being incredibly brave about this nightmare!

Try to keep your spirits up, and let's hope that replacement shoulder #1 is saved by the drugs. (I don't quite understand how an artificial joint can be damaged by a bug so I assume it is the tissue that it is attached to that is the problem?)
It's because the bugs actually do contaminate the joint, rather than damage it as such, and it's very difficult to get them off it. Sometimes they will do a partial disassembly and replace just the plastic bits, already ruled out in my case. So it's just sitting here binge-watching Star Trek TNG on Netflix for a few more days...

^_^ I eat maybe half of what's on offer otherwise, so I'm happy! But it's not difficult to see where waste occurs, especially in non-joined-up services. I'm taking a bed purely to receive medications, because there's no longer any way to do this properly outside a district hospital except for the simplest things.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
That is bloody shocking that they brushed off your concerns and you now have this to contend with.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Because I "wasn't unwell". Tick-box medicine.
Being serious for just a second, it's all just a bit mad, isn't it? My dad's finally been diagnosed way too late and is now on a massively expensive life-prolongation drug which won't cure him, unlike earlier intervention. Sad on many levels, but you seem to be keeping a sense of humour, which helps.

Top Bottom