Seroma - edit: massive infection, Take 2...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
There's a guy on the ward who's bought in his own TV. On constantly. No headphones.
Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh.......
When will they let you go?

Just had rounds.
Because this joint is a one-off ie not replaceable, this infection might now conceivably mean antibiotic phrophylaxis for life. Plus, and I really hope not, the off-chance of going back into the joint and replacing the possibly contaminated plastic components.
So, the answer is, like @Afnug , who knows?
:sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just had rounds.
Because this joint is a one-off ie not replaceable, this infection might now conceivably mean antibiotic phrophylaxis for life. Plus, and I really hope not, the off-chance of going back into the joint and replacing the possibly contaminated plastic components.
So, the answer is, like @Afnug , who knows?
:sad:

So, does that mean you could be on anti-biotics constantly, or with a view that your joint could get infected at anytime ?

Not fun.

You might want some noise cancelling headphones. - The other guy has obviously been in a fair bit.

Venod

Eh up
This is not good news, have they mentioned a drain pump ? I had one attached, I had to carry it about with me on a shoulder strap.

Mine didn't look as bad as yours it was just one big lump, more meat and potato rather than the Cornish Pasty effect you have.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And that was it after it had been fixed!

ColinJ

It just seemed so stupid for them to wait for you to get ill first when one look at it would have told them that it wasn't right!

There was a clearly dangerous junction on a blind bend on a descent into Hebden Bridge but there was a strong reluctance to install traffic lights because nobody had been killed or seriously injured in an accident there - same stupid thinking!

Let's wait for the arm to start falling off ... ooh, that looks nasty, better do something about it! (Oh dear, a family have just been wiped out when emerging at that dodgy junction ... okay, we'd better put traffic lights there. In fact, they finally yielded to public pressure and did it before the inevitable happened.)

It just seemed so stupid for them to wait for you to get ill first when one look at it would have told them that it wasn't right!

There was a clearly dangerous junction on a blind bend on a descent into Hebden Bridge but there was a strong reluctance to install traffic lights because nobody had been killed or seriously injured in an accident there - same stupid thinking!

Let's wait for the arm to start falling off ... ooh, that looks nasty, better do something about it! (Oh dear, a family have just been wiped out when emerging at that dodgy junction ... okay, we'd better put traffic lights there. In fact, they finally yielded to public pressure and did it before the inevitable happened.)
Exactly, it's become a tick-box thing.
Medicine is supposed to be pro-active and preventative, non?
There are two phrases, maybe more, that doctors should say only on pain of immediate lobotomisation:
You look so well!
Wait and see.
:angry:

ColinJ

Medicine is supposed to be pro-active and preventative, non?
I think the NHS should be renamed the NIS - National Illness Service!

For example - lots of money being put into treating heart disease and cancer. Maybe more of that money should be spent on getting people to eat better food, do more exercise, and stop smoking and perhaps avoid those problems in the first place?

Top Bottom