Seroma - edit: massive infection, Take 2...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Had an idea and having check with Mrs 73 it sounds like it's fluid or blood. Get to the GP or practice Nurse for a check if it's like you say it is it may need draining. You can also always phone the ward and see what they say.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well, this thing was seen and given the dreaded 'wait and see' by the surgeon on Monday. It's now much larger, and getting angrier by the hour. If this turns into a serious infection and threatens my arm, I shall be threatening someone's licence to practice...
Contact the surgeon again. Or go to A&E
Wait and see is to wait for improvement, this isn’t happening

Venod

Eh up
You probably don't want to here this.
I was knocked off in 2015, resulting in a dislocated shoulder with a crack in the joint that required pinning all went well and as the surgeon said it was an easy routine job, there was hardly any visible sign of a scar but swelling appeared and I was eventually referred back to hospital, where the surgeon confirmed an infection and said he should remove the pin, which he did and fitted a drain pump to the wound, this needed changing twice and final removal, I spent 13 nights in hospital with 5 opps, in total, I now have a scar that resembles the Grand Canyon and the shoulder is not functioning correctly.

I do hope yours doesn't turn out to be as serious, good luck.

vickster

Legendary Member
I was knocked off in 2015, resulting in a dislocated shoulder with a crack in the joint that required pinning all went well and as the surgeon said it was an easy routine job, there was hardly any visible sign of a scar but swelling appeared and I was eventually referred back to hospital, where the surgeon confirmed an infection and said he should remove the pin, which he did and fitted a drain pump to the wound, this needed changing twice and final removal, I spent 13 nights in hospital with 5 opps, in total, I now have a scar that resembles the Grand Canyon and the shoulder is not functioning correctly.

:ohmy: I hope you got a good injury settlement!

:eek:
Jeeeeezus, I sure hope not. But this thing is now the equivalent of having a small cornish pasty embedded in my shoulder...

Top Bottom