Seroma - edit: massive infection, Take 2...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
That's crap even if they say it's ok and will settle it's something. It need's a scan to see if it's just fluid or something more.
Even your GP should be able to do a basic one.
What after care have you had to date and what was the time frame given for things to settle ?

Trust me, if I get even the slightest twinge of unwellness, I'm off. But, unfortunately, this kind of tick-box working is the new standard. Actual medicine is slowly falling by the wayside. I've been married to a trauma nurse for over 40 years, so I have some built-in care. She is frankly ashamed to have ever had anything to do with the NHS, most particularly A&E departments, and personal experience in other non-ortho events can only lead me to agree.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I reckon that you are starting to feel a bit unwell, and have decided that you need to get to A&E ... :whistle:

(It's not like you would be one of the dozy people with just a cold or a bruised big toe!)

midlife

Guru
Just say you have used one of those strips on your forehead which showed you were hot and you feel a bit sick.... And drop by A and E.

Just go to A&E, say you are highly concerned and want it checked. They don’t know what the GP has said. Might have a long wait on Friday so go ASAP

Just say you have used one of those strips on your forehead which showed you were hot and you feel a bit sick.... And drop by A and E.
The A&E nearest here is a major threat to life and limb on a weekend, as my wife knows well from the other side. if they'd sent me over earlier, fine. I'll take my chances for now. But Monday, I'll be moving, if the antibiotics have gained no purchase.

Top Bottom