Seroma - edit: massive infection, Take 2...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the NHS should be renamed the NIS - National Illness Service!

For example - lots of money being put into treating heart disease and cancer. Maybe more of that money should be spent on getting people to eat better food, do more exercise, and stop smoking and perhaps avoid those problems in the first place?
Certainly worth trying!

Bum. In until Friday, maybe even Monday, including the possibility of another surgical washout, and the guarantee of 6 months of antibiotic prophylaxis.
:sad:

Venod

Eh up
Bum. In until Friday, maybe even Monday, including the possibility of another surgical washout

I know the sinking feeling you get with such news, you have my condolences.

When I was seeing various junior consultants prior to my first op, one of them said " its a straight forward op but your biggest worry is avoiding infection" I thought it was one of the warnings he probably gave everybody but how right he was.

Is shoulder surgery more susceptible to infection than other surgery ?

Finally saw the surgeon who put the new shoulder in. He admitted that the bottom line was to remove it again, but it's not replaceable.
He didn't use the words 'no arm', he said, 'no shoulder', but I'm unaware of the possibility of having an arm with no shoulder.
Let's be having lots more antibiotics...
:eek:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Finally saw the surgeon who put the new shoulder in. He admitted that the bottom line was to remove it again, but it's not replaceable.
He didn't use the words 'no arm', he said, 'no shoulder', but I'm unaware of the possibility of having an arm with no shoulder.
Let's be having lots more antibiotics...
:eek:

Crap.... take the drugs.....

Well, I've racked up a full week in der Krankenhaus now, and no nearer to finding when i leave than I was on, say, Thursday.
Run out of viable cannula sites, so just had midline central access installed. That can stay in, all being well, for many months.
Going to be expecting answers today, life must go on. I'm turning into a vegetable, and it also feels vaguely like I'm an impostor, as virtually everyone else is a leg injury/problem , and I'm the only one who can get up and stroll around without crutches or a Zimmer frame...

Im Krankenhaus ;)

How are you actually feeling?

If bored, you could practice your German grammar :whistle:
I worked for German company for 15 years, and never came close to learning anything but technical terms! :biggrin:
Another part of the fraudster feeling is that I've never, at any point, felt unwell. This also did not help diagnosis in the first place...

vickster

Legendary Member
Have they identified what bug you have picked up?

It’s good not to feel unwell, I felt horrible with my infected leg haematoma

Top Bottom