Servicing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveBM

I feel very guilty that I haven't a clue about how to maintain my bike. To address this I'm going to attend a cycle maintenance course this weekend with the intention that I will be a bit more self sufficient in future

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
No reason to feel guilty....some choose to service their own bikes-some don't. Same with cars, computers, washing machines etc. I do my own bicycles and enjoy it....but cycling is a different hobby than fettling.

Robeh

No reason to feel guilty....some choose to service their own bikes-some don't. Same with cars, computers, washing machines etc. I do my own bicycles and enjoy it....but cycling is a different hobby than fettling.
Agreed i self taught myself over the years and really enjoy maintaining my bikes, all part of the fun lol

tyred

Legendary Member
My advice to anyone who doesn't know how to service their own bike but wants to learn is to pull an old one out of a skip, pull it to bits, re-lube and rebuild and try not to have anything left over. Sheldon Brown and other websites can help with guidance.

Drago

Legendary Member
I lived with my Ma when my parents divorced, so if I didn't mend my bike myself it stayed broken. Picked it up pretty quick through necessity, and short of welding on bosses etc there no job on a bike I wouldn't confidently tackle.

Top Bottom