set back seatpost?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

asked this on yacf but didn't turn up much that isn't in america and unavailable.
I'm after a seatpost that's got a setback of more than 20mm, ideally 40mm...
that's from (projected) centre of post to centre of clamp.
ideally angle adjustable as well...

oxbob

try thompson seat posts, might need a google tho

OP
OP
B

bonj2

tundragumski said:
some older style Easton posts had stacks of layback/setback - why do you need so much?

because, without wanting to sound obvious, i want my seat further back and it's as far back as it can go on its rails. (brooks = short rails).

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Joe24 said:
:wacko::ohmy:You have a Brooks Bonj?
I thought they would just be for old men;)
Which one do you got?

yes , it's good.
well i am fairly old
i've got a b17 narrow

GrahamG

Guru
I posted this recently but didn't get any response - I have a similar need but due to long thighs/legs rather than saddle rail constraints. Ignore the Thompsons, they are angled for setback but the clamp is still 'in line' so they don't offer much more than most standard posts and they're pricey too. Have a scoot on the FSA website, I managed to pick up a post with 40mm setback for £20 from wiggle and it still looks pretty sexy (can't recall the model).

I spent ages searching and FSA were the only company which did a good set-back without spending a small fortune.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

GrahamG said:
I posted this recently but didn't get any response - I have a similar need but due to long thighs/legs rather than saddle rail constraints. Ignore the Thompsons, they are angled for setback but the clamp is still 'in line' so they don't offer much more than most standard posts and they're pricey too. Have a scoot on the FSA website, I managed to pick up a post with 40mm setback for £20 from wiggle and it still looks pretty sexy (can't recall the model).

I spent ages searching and FSA were the only company which did a good set-back without spending a small fortune.

cheers, tha'ts quite helpful...
I emailed CRC and they said an easton EA50 has got 40mm setback centre to centre, it says 20mm but he said that's wrong, i assume because easton measure it differently or something.
if it's no good i might try a FSA then.

Top Bottom