Set your VCR: Cars vs. Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
now friday... it wasnt showing on Iplayer when I checked yesterday so guessing the wont publish on iplayer until its be officialy shown, albeit only to insomniacs
1666800826595.png

mustang1

Legendary Member
Wednesday 2nd November at 8pm for England and 8:30 for Scotland and other regions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001dj03

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Had a bit of trailer on breakfast this morning with a chap from the AA and someone from some cycling organisation pretty much agreeing we should all be more considerate to each other or not get distracted in silly arguments about road tax and license plates and our cycling infrastructure is patchy at best and they were both cyclists and drivers at various time.

Will they do " cars vs ships" or " cars vs aircraft" ? Personally I think an F35 beats a car on every parameter except luggage capacity.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
How many cars have a 5,500lb luggage capacity?

the old volvo estates..

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
A clip was played on the 6music news this morning... some twunt calling for bicycle licencing and mandatory cycle lanes. So it'll be exactly what i expect; ignorant ill-considered solutions to a sensationalised problem.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Reminder: it's on in 5 mins (in England anyway). Let's see what these guys have to say. (Actually, it's been on iPlayer already but another place to login?.... pah!)

classic33

Leg End Member
Reminder: it's on in 5 mins (in England anyway). Let's see what these guys have to say. (Actually, it's been on iPlayer already but another place to login?.... pah!)
Didn't seem to make much sense, and for me drove the wedge in a bit further between cyclist and motorists.

A common thing I'm seeing more now is drivers not even bothering about mini roundabouts, as "everyone does it", why am I any different.

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
Well I rewound my VCR and watched the programme.

[actually a BT tv box. Just been looking at prices of set top boxes on amazon. They seem to be less than £40! My first VCR, back in the early 80's, cost me £640. Must be one of the few products that go against the inflation trend.]

The programme itself was watchable, but seemed to draw on the extreme cases on both sides of the argument. I guess if it drew feedback from all the people who were happy with their experiences, it would have been a boring programme. Like a comment earlier, it just makes the divide wider.

Top Bottom