setting myself a challenge...30 miles for 30 days...fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i'm getting further behind in mycyclinglog so i'm setting myself a challenge, minimum 30 miles a day for 30 days on the fixie. it'll work out well for the audaxuk fixie challenge if i start on the 1st of august. i'll post links to my garmin rides everyday so people can check i'm not cheating...wish me luck.

1-31/7/11- 53 miles with tubbycyclist-route
2-1/8/11-30 miles.2 loops of local loop.solo-no route.flat battery from yesterday...oops
3-2-/8/11-28 miles (claiming 30, my wife had a massive crash on the tram lines, had to rush to car to pick her and son up, i think it's fair enough)-route

sorry but i had to postpone this, wife was in a bad way and needed help, kinda felt guilty going for 2 to 3 hrs rides. starting again tomorrow.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Good luck big lad. Thats the kind of thing you'd have for brekkie. I've only been managing two or three commutes a week recently (plus battering the MTB on a weekend) so I'm flagging on the mileage front myself.

Moominbike

Sounds like a good challenge! Do you have a commute that will give you a good start each day?

Unless I'm missing something you won't be able to use your rides for the AUK fixed wheel challenge though, as you only get points for validated rides 200km and over.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Sounds like a good challenge! Do you have a commute that will give you a good start each day?

Unless I'm missing something you won't be able to use your rides for the AUK fixed wheel challenge though, as you only get points for validated rides 200km and over.

according to the manual i have, any ride over 50km can count, unless i'm reading it wrong.

i'm on annual leave for a month so nope no commutes, that's kinda why i'm doing it.

Moominbike

I was wrong about needing to ride 200km, that's just regular audax points. It seems you can get 1 FWC point for riding 100km. I can't find anything about shorter rides though. Unless it's something to do with AAA points. If a 50km ride has AAA points then you would get FWC points for those, maybe that's what they mean?

I'm not signed up for the FWC this season but may give it a go next season so I'm interested to hear how your challenge works out!

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
i'm getting further behind in mycyclinglog so i'm setting myself a challenge, minimum 30 miles a day for 30 days on the fixie. it'll work out well for the audaxuk fixie challenge if i start on the 1st of august. i'll post links to my garmin rides everyday so people can check i'm not cheating...wish me luck.

Great challenge here's wishing you success
biggrin.gif

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/101425061

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/101155599

This was my challenge to myself this weekend. Rather tiring but the end result is a good cause
cool.gif

Top Bottom