Severed an extendable dog lead yesterday....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
....accidentally.
Cycling slowly through my virtually deserted high st yesterday, I saw a small dog scampering around. I dodged inside it and then felt a small tug on my bike followed by the sound a of a dog yelp. The dog ran off and I stopped to investigate.
My bike was fine, but I saw the remains of a dog lead tethered to a bike stand and surmised I'd failed to see the lead, run over it and somehow severed it.
Surveying the road, I saw no sign of the dog or its owner and so continued with my ride.
If I'd had pen and paper, I'd have left a note, but I hadn't, so I didn't.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
None of that is your fault

This morning (on an essential transport ride) I turned right into a side road. A small dog was on the pavement on one side, the owner was on the pavement on the other side, connection by a long extendable leash. Fortunately I was going extra slow and stopped when I saw it.

D

Deleted member 26715

Suspect that the lead had already broken & the dog was already running free

Reactions: C R
My 'wife's' father died as a result of a dog on one of those bloody leads. It wrapped itself round his legs. He lost his balance, fell, knocked himself unconscious and his life-support machine was switched off two weeks later as there was zero brain activity on the scanner. He was a healthy 86 year-old.

Being on a lead is NOT good enough: they have to be under CONTROL as well! 😡😡

Drago

Legendary Member
Those leads are hateful things and should be banned.

Tom B

Guru
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

I really can't understand why these long dog leads are allowed, the said animal in not under control, how can it be when it is 30 foot away from the owner.
I have never come across one 30ft long, I think they just seem that long,

I have used them in the past when the dogs were pups to teach some basic return commands whilst keeping the pup under control.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What about those ball throwing things that allow lazy owners to fool their dogs into running around a lot? Don't they contravene canine distancing rules by sending dogs further than they would normally run?

Top Bottom