Sewerage question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
If anyone would be so kind, do you know what you pay quarterly for sewerage (not including water)? My partner has had a bill for £350 for the quarter, not including water. That seems horrendous to me. It's a 3 bed semi, just her and her 2 boys. Mine is £60/quarter including water rates :ohmy:

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Just found on the net, the average is £210 per year. I think the bill must be a mistake

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I think it's usually about the same as the amount you pay for mains water. If you have a septic tank on your property, you pay no sewerage charges. If you have a soakaway that deals with rainwater from your roof, that should be deducted from the sewerage charges.

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Just a thought, is your partner on a water meter?
I don't know. There is a meter in the road outside, same as mine, is that a water meter? I've never understood how that works, if there's a meter outside then why don't the company read it themselves, why are some on a monthly dd like me but seemingly they don't check the meter?

Alex H

Legendary Member
I don't know. There is a meter in the road outside, same as mine, is that a water meter? I've never understood how that works, if there's a meter outside then why don't the company read it themselves, why are some on a monthly dd like me but seemingly they don't check the meter?
probably checked once a year (if that) - saves them money

GetFatty

Über Member
If on a water meter, you need to be really sure that there are no leaks either within the property or outside. It should be possible to have a look at whether the meter is spinning when you don't think you're using water.

Levo-Lon

Guru
If anyone would be so kind, do you know what you pay quarterly for sewerage (not including water)? My partner has had a bill for £350 for the quarter, not including water. That seems horrendous to me. It's a 3 bed semi, just her and her 2 boys. Mine is £60/quarter including water rates :ohmy:

I pay £35 pcm for my water services
12 payments.

Before I had a meter it was 10 months and far cheaper.
It's a hard sell to bull shlt you into having a meter that will save you loads:laugh:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I pay £35 pcm for my water services
12 payments.

Before I had a meter it was 10 months and far cheaper.
It's a hard sell to bull shlt you into having a meter that will save you loads:laugh:
I don’t know if this is true, but I understood that if you switched to a meter and it was more expensive then you could claim money back.

edit:

Ok, I looked it up for you, this is what MSE says....

• You may have up to two years to try it out. Switch to a water meter and, if you change your mind, you may be able to switch back within 12 months (though many companies offer up to 24 months, while others don't offer a choice). However, if you move into a home that already has a meter, you can't switch back. Check with your supplier to find out your options.”

£9 a year or less. Had Ceptic tank emptied last year by ceptic Sid. At least 10 years since it was last emptied. Charged £90.
Water (metered) £8 a month but will probably drop £7 next year as the cheeky buggers will only charge whole numbers.
Used to be £3 a month as I found out they had a secret tariff. Paid more for your water but no standing charge but ofwat allowed them to remove it (bastards).

Top Bottom