sex, lies and vigorellis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peejay78

i bought a new bob jackson. it is an amazing machine. however, i told my lady that i merely "swapped the frame from my fuji, it only cost about a £150", in a sort of "i bought some new bar-tape" type way. admittedly, i did use my existing wheels, saddle, bars and brake...but it wasn't £150 to get the rest.

does that make me a bad person?

1319778766_16dda81477.jpg

1274397874_f31d7ab947.jpg

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Was it a custom build or off the peg?

Looks good, bit black though.....

OP
OP
P

peejay78

it's blue - dark blue. you can see it in the light, and it's off the peg.

i think i may change the bars to deep drop nitto, but not sure, i like the cinelli criteriums and they are light. i can't find the right colour bar tape at the moment. ideally, i want dark blue, but may settle for dark red or even white.

Andy Pandy

Nice bike. I am trying to think of something bad to say about it, just to make myself feel better, but can't.
Didn't you just buy a condor a year or so ago? I only get a new bike when someone drives over the old one.

TimO

Guru
peejay78 said:
it's blue - dark blue. you can see it in the light, and it's off the peg.

DOUGAL: I read somewhere, I think it was in an article about priest socks that priest socks are
blacker than any other type of socks.
TED: That's right Dougal. Sometimes you see lay people wear what look like black socks but if
you look closely you'll see they're very, very, very, very, very, very, very dark blue.
DOUGAL: Actually that's true. I thought my uncle Tommy was wearing black socks but when I
looked at them closely they were just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very
dark blue.
TED: Never buy black socks in a normal shop. They'll shaft you every time!

I'll get my coat. ;)

Mr Phoebus

Nice bike. ;)

peejay78 said:
does that make me a bad person?
No, just a little timid. :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
Lovely bike mate. Don't worry about the little white lies to the missus they are an essential lubricant to the smooth flow of most relationships, if we always told the absolute truth about everything they would be finished within days.

turbo tim

Peejay, love your Jackson bike, gorgeous. I even phoned Jacksons yesterday with some questions - I want one!

Sent you a PM. :ohmy:

Top Bottom