sex

'answer below...

• How often ?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Any regrets ?

• Not enough ?

• Could you do without / isn't it an issue to you ?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
It's all very self restrained and my hat goes off to you for that... however, what happens if you marry your girlfriend, have sex and then you split up (it may or may not be due to the sex)?

Do you never get married again as you would no longer have saved yourself for *that* woman?

Or do you never have sex again with the thought that you saved yourself for the one woman you thought you'd be with forever and it didn't work out?

I am genuinely curious about this, not taking the p*ss.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Funny how we're all so curious, or even 'anti' this, when it wasn't that long ago that it was perfectly normal to be virgins at marriage, and people were generally fine.

While I think I'd want to know it was ok before hand, I also feel that a marriage that lived or died because of sex would be a marriage that was lacking something serious. Unless one person turned out to have some very odd or harmful tastes. But if both are saving themselves, they'll learn together, and grow together and set their own boundaries... There's a touching level of faith in each other there I think. But then I'm getting soppy in my old age.

Sh4rkyBloke said:
It's all very self restrained and my hat goes off to you for that... however, what happens if you marry your girlfriend, have sex and then you split up (it may or may not be due to the sex)?

Do you never get married again as you would no longer have saved yourself for *that* woman?

Or do you never have sex again with the thought that you saved yourself for the one woman you thought you'd be with forever and it didn't work out?

I am genuinely curious about this, not taking the p*ss.

I remember seeing some sort of religious agony aunt column where some poor widow had written up in distress because her church had told her that she could not remarry. I think it was some nutty evangelical set up and I'd have loved to know if the same rule applied to widowers.

The advice (based on several biblical references) was that it was perfectly in order to remarry.

LLB

Arch said:
Funny how we're all so curious, or even 'anti' this, when it wasn't that long ago that it was perfectly normal to be virgins at marriage, and people were generally fine.

While I think I'd want to know it was ok before hand, I also feel that a marriage that lived or died because of sex would be a marriage that was lacking something serious. Unless one person turned out to have some very odd or harmful tastes. But if both are saving themselves, they'll learn together, and grow together and set their own boundaries... There's a touching level of faith in each other there I think. But then I'm getting soppy in my old age.

You could be married 40 years in a sexless marriage, but be deeply unhappy because of it. I know of at least half a dozen marriages where it is in trouble due to the lack of sex drive in the women/frustration in the man.

This is why brothels exist!

Top Bottom