sex

'answer below...

• How often ?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Any regrets ?

• Not enough ?

• Could you do without / isn't it an issue to you ?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trillian

fair enough. :biggrin:

the teenage irresponsible reasons are just some reasons i can think of for reasons to not have, or not rush into sex before marrage, you are correct that they don't quite apply to me.

there have been times in my relationship where we would have ended up in bed, but its not what we want, we want to build a great friendship so that our relationship is not just the sex, so that when things aren't going great we have good memories to help us remember why we're together

it's possible to have sex with anyone who's willing to,
I love my girlfriend for 1000's of reasons, sex not being one of them

I think we both agree to follow the heart is the right choice then old chap eh? :biggrin:

Just out of interest, how old are you?

Trillian

yeh, tis what most people do isn't it? :biggrin:
follow your heart and make mutual decisions if it involves more than just ourselves

i'm 24 (my gf is 21 later this year)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Trillian said:
no, we'd most likely huddle in a doorway hugging each other and saying goodbye

I don't think I'd want to waste the last three minutes of my life having sex with someone I loved, if I could just cuddle up to them instead.

I'm much more interested in cuddling really.

Good on you trillian, for sticking to your choice. That said, and taking into account what I said above, I don't know that I could commit myself to marriage to someone I didn't know I enjoyed sex with - suppose you discovered you were terribly incompatible somehow? But then, I suppose you'll know each other well enough to have a pretty good idea...

Sorry, I'm rambling. :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch said:
I don't think I'd want to waste the last three minutes of my life having sex with someone I loved, if I could just cuddle up to them instead.
Wouldn't there still be 2 minutes left for the cuddle? ;)

I've shagged me head off since 1975. And where has it got me? I've lost count of the women I've had encounters with.
But am I happy?

col

Legendary Member
Fnaar said:
Wouldn't there still be 2 minutes left for the cuddle? :biggrin:

So you wouldnt bother with foreplay then?Or there would only be a minute and a half left.:biggrin:

Trillian

Arch said:

I'm much more interested in cuddling really.

Good on you trillian, for sticking to your choice. That said, and taking into account what I said above, I don't know that I could commit myself to marriage to someone I didn't know I enjoyed sex with - suppose you discovered you were terribly incompatible somehow? But then, I suppose you'll know each other well enough to have a pretty good idea...

Sorry, I'm rambling. :sad:

admittedly it is sometimes hard to stick to what we've agreed when we're both just wanting to snuggle up to each other for the night and both knowing that one thing would lead to another.

i think its safe to say there is a sex drive there, but we're not going there just yet...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Trillian said:
admittedly it is sometimes hard to stick to what we've agreed when we're both just wanting to snuggle up to each other for the night and both knowing that one thing would lead to another.

i think its safe to say there is a sex drive there, but we're not going there just yet...

Speaking as someone who's shown bugger all restraint in the past, in some circumstances where it might well have been better to do so, I applaud you...:sad:

LLB

Trillian said:
I have a good relationship with her father, based mainly on the fact i'm dating his daughter, but, while he asks similar questions to you I think he'd appreciate the fact that i've kept my hands from roaming if me and my gf were to split.

In mine and many other Christian's view, sex is meant to be a giving on ones self to their partner who they intend to be with for the rest of their lives, its a very intimate act.

sex is often taken for granted, just something people do (not pointing fingers at anyone) but it can often end up in a lot of heart ache, teenage mum's, families fueding for generation's kids fighting in the playground cos they know their mum doesn't like someone else's family but not knowing why (three families at a kids club, used to be a full time job for one member of staff to stop them fighting at the age of 8)

waiting to have sex would eliminate the above and make it special between me and my wife - whoever that may be

with regard to too much emphasis being placed on sex, thats western society.

imagine you've got a 20 year old daughter, do you want me sleeping with her and then one day saying "i've had enough of you, goodbye"

or would you prefer me to wait, say that i'm going to be with her until I die and then sleep with her?

personally i'd prefer the latter

Absolutely. I would rather my daughters found out if their partner were compatible before they went through a marriage ceremony to find what they have on the other side fell far short of their expectations, and then looking elsewhere for fulfillment.

Say you save yourself for the wedding day and find this area between yourselves to be totally incompatible due to the different level of sex drive ?

Top Bottom