Shake diets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
thats very interesting thank you, however it does not answer the question. my example shows the same deficit in two different ways, is one better than the other or are they equal?
I still can't figure out just what you're getting at. The deficit is the same, the overall intake is different (base that on BMR)

Obviously if your BMR is 3100ish then consuming 2000 isn't going to be better.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Your example illustrates how two different people may create the same deficit based on their individual BMR's and exercise regimen's, and yes, the net effect will be the same for those two people, within some tolerance. However a single person doesn't realistically get the choice you present because their BMR is has a very large effect on the amount of calories needed to sustain their weight. With increased activity, the sustaining value increases. Once this is obtained, you then decide how much deficit you should be creating.

david k

Hi
thanks guys, my BMR is around 2800 but im not talking of me really exactly

If the same person at 2000 calories a day one week and burned 2100 then ate 3000 calories a day and burned 3100 the next week would their loss be the same?
im geting at eaing more burning more v's eating less burning less approach to weight loss and calorie burn. obviously the net calorie loss is equal but does burning more increase the bodys own metabolic rate or anything else for that matter?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Metabolism will increase slightly for 24hrs or so after exercise regardless of how much you eat. The important factor is consuming enough for your day + exercise period and not have a 3000cal/day(example) deficit overall.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I tried a shake diet once. I really didn't get on with it as it gave me the squits and I am too busy at work to keep running to the loo the whole time. It worked wonderfully for a friend of mine, which was why I tried it, but it was not for me. My younger sister lost 5 stone on that cambridge diet thing, she just had shakes I think. That may not be the way that you are supposed to do it, but it was the way she did it. She got really quite alarmingly thin, then put it all back on, plus more, within 3 months.

I do occasionally have a shake drink for breakfast (Forever Living shake) if I am really really pushed for time, otherwise its Oat-so-simple as it keeps me full until lunchtime. I have also been known to have a meal replacement soup at lunchtime on occasion. Actually, just normal soup will do but I got some meal replacement soups on offer and I am steadily making my way though them.

I sort of follow Slimming World, although I don't go to classes and I am not as on track as I would like to be. I simply need to be more organised in meal planning. Its my own fault. Having seen pictures of my biological family, especially aunts, cousins and grandparents, they all seem to be quite plump and not just the women. Much rounder than I am so it might be a family build thing that I am trying to fight here.
Very interesting thread here though.

T.M.H.N.E.T

I tried a shake diet once. I really didn't get on with it as it gave me the squits and I am too busy at work to keep running to the loo the whole time. It worked wonderfully for a friend of mine, which was why I tried it, but it was not for me. My younger sister lost 5 stone on that cambridge diet thing, she just had shakes I think. That may not be the way that you are supposed to do it, but it was the way she did it. She got really quite alarmingly thin, then put it all back on, plus more, within 3 months.

I do occasionally have a shake drink for breakfast (Forever Living shake) if I am really really pushed for time, otherwise its Oat-so-simple as it keeps me full until lunchtime. I have also been known to have a meal replacement soup at lunchtime on occasion. Actually, just normal soup will do but I got some meal replacement soups on offer and I am steadily making my way though them.

I sort of follow Slimming World, although I don't go to classes and I am not as on track as I would like to be. I simply need to be more organised in meal planning. Its my own fault. Having seen pictures of my biological family, especially aunts, cousins and grandparents, they all seem to be quite plump and not just the women. Much rounder than I am so it might be a family build thing that I am trying to fight here.
Very interesting thread here though.
Hmmm

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Totally true. My sis went from a size 18 to about a size 10 and looked dreadful. Probably because she lost the weight so quickly, relatively speaking, and she did look very ill. When she started eating 'normally' again, she stacked the weight on, plus some. When I say eating 'normally', she might have been eating 'normally' for her and not normally as in a balanced diet. She has yo-yo'd all her life though.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Totally true. My sis went from a size 18 to about a size 10 and looked dreadful. Probably because she lost the weight so quickly, relatively speaking, and she did look very ill. When she started eating 'normally' again, she stacked the weight on, plus some. When I say eating 'normally', she might have been eating 'normally' for her and not normally as in a balanced diet. She has yo-yo'd all her life though.
Unfortunate. But that's typical of yo-yo/crash/cabbage soup/shake dieters.

It's all great until they try to come off it. People think smoking is addictive!

Top Bottom