Shakespeare SPRING 100 - 7 April 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... there have been suggestions that we have boxes of tissues at various places on Saintbury ... grown men have been known to weep as they trudge up on foot :laugh:

No, not really ... it is steep but it's also a mind-set thing .... there's another hill near here that holds total terror for me, but it's really quite easy when you get to it (it just happens it's only about 3 miles away and invariably I'm on my way home after a long-ish ride)

Rob

Are we getting the route soon Rob?

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Wot it says on the website .... message with instructions will be e-mailed on Saturday 31 March 2013 and routes etc will be in the DOWNLOADS section.

.... very interesting in the snowdrifts at the top of Saintbury Hill on Monday! Our on-course photographer plans to be near the top of Saintbury so make sure you look fresh, and smile :-)

Rob

Sorry Rob I thought it said 10 days before, just worried I had been missed.

I think it will be more of a grimace than a smile if I get to the top, at least he will be able to focus easily on me as I won't be moving that fast or even possibly be prostrate. :cry:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I did the event on a horribly windy day in 2011 which made it very tough indeed. Nice wind-assisted blast back to event HQ though ...

CC member Gary D joined me and it was his longest ride ever. He didn't quite make it up Saintbury Hill in one go - he took a little rest on a grass verge for a while! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
I did the event on a horribly windy day in 2011 which made it very tough indeed. Nice wind-assisted blast back to event HQ though ...

CC member Gary D joined me and it was his longest ride ever. He didn't quite make it up Saintbury Hill in one go - he took a little rest on a grass verge for a while! :thumbsup:

Ah, that would have been the Shakespeare AUTUMN 100 .... it was windy (the guy that hires out the market stalls we use phoned up to see if they were still there for him to collect!!) - but a different course for the SPRING, out through the Vale of Evesham with some fast flats to get warmed up before THE HILL ... the run back, other than from about Ilmington, is different too.

Rob

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ah, that would have been the Shakespeare AUTUMN 100 .... it was windy (the guy that hires out the market stalls we use phoned up to see if they were still there for him to collect!!) - but a different course for the SPRING, out through the Vale of Evesham with some fast flats to get warmed up before THE HILL ... the run back, other than from about Ilmington, is different too.

Rob
Oh - I didn't realise that the routes were different!

I don't think that I will be riding any events this year, but you never know. If not this year, then I'll be back down another year, maybe for next spring's event?

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Nope - it's ~30km to the start of the hill, ~32.5 to the top

The Feed Station is at ~53km

Rob

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
It was certainly pretty ideal this morning - warm-ish and very little wind.

Signage is all done - off to collect bananas and water - then to the early rider check-in at 1630 (helps to reduce the queues on Sunday morning)

Rob

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Thanks Brian! - we were pleased with how it all went on the day .. pretty much to plan.

Don't forget that we have the Shakespeare AUTUMN 100 on Sunday 8 September ... 100 miles or 100km - some of the same route, and a few changes from last year - www.shakespeare100.org.uk - we've had over 70 more entries since Sunday's event ... selling out fast.

Rob

Top Bottom