Share your tourer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Love the way it takes pride of place in the dining room:okay:

Of course ! :laugh:
IMG-20161118-WA0008.jpeg

jags

Guru
and a nice dining room as well .
i keep all my bikes inside there all here beside there daddy.:smooch:

Bodhbh

Guru
tbh I've not been away beyond long weekends in a while (trying to hold down a long distance relationship - using hols to bugger off on my own is not happening). The 'tourers' on the short trips:

IMG_20160806_184747_zpsajlfet5p.jpg

R20, on the south coast.

SAM_0627_zpswawz1ogv.jpg

On One 456b, Wessex Ridgeway

IMG_20161105_151516_zpsayfxusi4.jpg

Orange P7, Ridgeway.

Yes I carry to much for weekends.

Bodhbh

Guru
Is that a standard Raleigh 20?

Forgive my ignorance.

No, almost everything's been changed barring the frame. I'm not sure you'd want to tour on a stock Raleigh 20. 3 speed hub, steel rims with canti brakes, mightn't fit you if you're pushing 6 foot, flexy rack, etc.

Also what gears are you using, my Raleigh Twenty and me parted last year :sad:

It's a 8 speed Nexus on the back. Luckily it shares the same chainline as the 3 Speed Sturmy Archer, if you invert the sprocket. It's okay but not quite got the full range for touring, for my liking at least.

wood_dweller

Regular
Sounds like a great idea, have you put the 'hand luggage' option to the test? It's something I wouldn't mind doing when I've sold the Airnimal Rhino and purchased a Brompton with the funds.
Sorry for delay ;) This bag is a small Carrdice bag which I got with bike.

..and here is my touring setup ;)
romet_brompton.jpg

fixedfixer

Veteran
Mmmm looking good. Seriously considering giving Brompton Touring a go. It will certainly be adifferent experience to the Surley Disc Trucker. Thinking about one of the European river routes and the folder on the train. You have a good set up there. ^_^

Top Bottom