1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaving your legs...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yenrod, 8 Aug 2007.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

[stand up in group (again) ;)]

Anyway, I'm trying to break the feeling its very open of me to say this but I'm wondering if this is a problem now.

I've been doing it now for ages and I just can't get out of it even when I haven't cycled seriously, i still do it...

I prefer the 'feeling' compared to hairy even I'm embarassed when it comes to women re: this...even the lads in work could say something - I know I could wear shorts but yuh know,,,,

Juh reckon its a problem :ohmy:

As I'm starting to wonder.....

2. mosschops2

mosschops2 New Member

Not a problem really - although you appear to have more difficulty with it than you might.

If it is what you want - keep doing it - and just tell everyone it's to prevent hairs messing up road-rash incidents or whatever.

On the one hand I'd say it's unusual, but at least as a cyclist you've the prefect excuse - so stick to your guns and don't worry about it!!!

3. dangerousjules

dangerousjules New Member

damn man, be a man!

4. ...got no hair on my legs anyway... I just pretend I've shaved them...like a kid :ohmy:

It's the various veins (you thought I meant varicose there didn't you? ;) ) that I find far more appealing. :ohmy:

5. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I shave my legs because it knocks 0.00000000001 secs off my commuting time on windy days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

However shaving legs is not a problem in principle, the give away is how far up the leg do you shave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Joe

Joe Über Member

I've always wondered this about leg shaving cyclists, do they have "hair shorts" underneath their real shorts?;)

8. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Uuuuuugh, that just made me think of a 'man'ding strip area where the sun don't shine! Nobody takes it that far, surely????

9. Big Bren

Big Bren New Member

I'm hovering very close to getting my legs waxed, but the 'how far up?' question haunts me. I have a lot of body hair, so I can't help thinking that once I start, I won't know where to stop.

Bren

10. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Well I keep the line well south of the ......................you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!