Shaving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcard

Veteran
How often do you change your blade?

I wet shave 4-5 times a week, and used to replace the blade every week. I got sick of paying about £12 for 4 blades so I just stopped buying them.

So I've been using the same Gillette blade for about 6 months and I'm still getting a decent, smooth shave out of it.

And that rubbish about getting more cuts from dull blades? Load of tosh.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Leccy one here. Philips job. Changed the heads a couple of years ago. They last a long time. Shave isnt as good as manual, but lot less messing.

Berties

Fast and careful!
what ever is on offer in Tescos never get the cheap ones,unless i have meetings i shave when i look like a hobo,but my beard is getting more salt than pepper,as i am not going grey or bald its a small price to pay for getting older

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
I shave in the shower, makes it easier and a single blade usually feels ok for six months. Gillette should be ashamed of themselves though, the powered version of the blades are exactly the same as the standard ones and cost loads more! Thieving buggers! Just buy the std ones!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Safety razor and old fashioned razor blade, 5-6 shaves per blade at 10p per blade
OK, who uses one of these and hones it on a leather strop?
straight_razor_0098-main.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Gillette Mach III here, used daily on face only. A ruinously expensive pack of eight blades lasts at least a year. I really resent buying them.

I only ever shave when I really need too, so I have razors that have lasted for years!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yes I just cannot be bothered with it. It isn't that its boring a such, I just would prefer doing other things instead. I have to look on in complete awe at people who shave every day, really, I do!

Buying razors is a novelty I have to endure 2 or 3 times every decade, and even then, I seem be given them every so often by people, so I genuinely have absolutely no idea when I last lined the coffers of Gillette et al.

ushills

Veteran
Old fashioned safety razor, cheap blades, badger brush ans soap. Stopped using/paying Gillette about 10 years ago and never looked back, turned shaving into a joy.

Top Bottom