Shaving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rapples

Guru
I'll have to ask Mrs Rapples. I use her's when I'm in the bath:wahhey:

I can't use leccy shavers as I just can't get a close enough shave, (and I've had good 'uns too).

I stick to Mach 3's as anything else I find causes a rash :blush: I basically only shave once a week, but if I've got a meeting in the week I'll usually make the effort and spruce myself up.

I have a full beard anyway, (all be a closely trimmed one), so there's not a lot to shave therefore blades last me a fair while.

I should probably change them more regularly, but the price makes me :cursing:

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
The cartridges cost less than 10p to make, but shoppers are being charged as much as £3.49 each.

Massive profits in em! Makes you want to launch your own but I reckon they spend a large amount of that profit on tv advertising and celeb endorsements (and that's before the football clubs etc) just to build the brand!

Mmm...CCRazers...super tough for your beard, arms and legs...

Quite catchy!

ASC1951

Guru
Wet shave, daily. You get a much better shave if you:-
- give the bristles time to soften, so I shave immediately after my shower
- use shaving soap and a brush, not aerosol foam.

I use disposable swivelly things, but not the cheapest because they go dull a lot quicker. A new one on the first of each month is one of life's little rituals.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Electric every day. About once every six months I buy a new cutter and foil, which costs a small fortune and improves the shaving for a couple of days then seems to carry on for months at the same level of crapness. I hate it and I'm even thinking of trying some of that depilatory paste that black guys use when they have really bad ingrowing beard hairs.

MagicBlue.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've recently moved onto a one shave strategy. SWMBO has a routine of shaving my head on a Sunday evening so I shave my face Monday morning. Done for another week.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Shave two or three times a week, using whatever brand of disposable two-blades were on offer. A pack of a dozen lasts me a year or so. I did use Mach ones for a while, and they do give you a nicer shave, but the pleasure of that is far outweighed by my simmering resentment at the gouging cost.

One oddity: a couple of years ago while camping I hadn't brought any foam, so I just rubbed my stubble thoroughly with the bar of soap and left it a minute before shaving. Haven't bought shaving foam since...

Every Sunday to Friday.
I use Mach III and I buy the 20-pack about once a year when they're on in Tesco or Asda for about £25.
The shelp prices are a complete rip-off and probably kept elevated by the stores as they are such a money-spinner.
A pack of 4 costs around 50p to manufacture, pack and despatch :eek: and if I could go leccy I would but unfortunately my skin doesn't like leccy razors.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I just use a Babyliss 7890U i-stubble trimmer. It has a guard that lifts electronically to the desired mm setting to give you varying lengths of stubble or for cutting body hair. I hate regular shaving as it irritates my skin. Using the trimmer I just take the guard off and shave once every 2 days. Sure it is not as close as a blade or a proper electric shaver but I get no irritation and my stubble never gets long enough to annoy me. I also use it on my nuts etc too, with the guard in place :blush:

Great piece of kit.

Top Bottom