she can ride!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Agreed. And from my experience this is the best one-

http://www.islabikes.co.uk/bike_pages/rothan.html

It's cheaper than a lot of the wooden ones, more sturdy but still as light, and our 2-year-old could sit on it properly from his second birthday. And he's tiny.

The only trouble is now it takes about 30 minutes to get down to the park, 5 minutes walk away.

Thats well cool. Have passed that link to my mate as his little girl doesnt wanna shake off her stabilisers.

Big Bren

We ballsed up with our eldest and had a hell of a time getting him off his stabilisers. I shared that experience on the old C+ forum and someone(Cunobelin?) responded by outlining the pedals-off technique; we subsequently used it with our youngest and at just 4, she's a super-confident and very capable little cyclist. It definitely worked for us.

Congratulations to the OP btw - it's a great feeling!

Bren

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
Yeah, that probably is though. But a wooden bike though? Surely it'll rot?! That or snap! I wouldn't trust it personally...

Oh, I know. Chairs. They are always snapping and rotting. Park benches as well. Notorious for it. Wouldn't trust 'em myself.

I can't wait to get one (Likeabike if I'm flush, Islabike or copy otherwise) for Olly. But at 5 weeks, he's still a bit too young...

I was in an English Heritage gift shop yesterday, and had to restrain myself from buying him a wooden sword and knitted chain mail outfit...

Arch

Married to Night Train
buggi said:
i found out a guy at work couldn't ride a bike the other day. i was shocked! :smile: how did that happen! he said his mum was always frightened he'd fall off so never bought him a bike. he said she was always a bit overprotective.

He can still learn, using the scooting method. I taught a middle aged chap that way once, it took him less than an hour, from first hesitant scoot to riding happily with pedals.

He just needs a frame that will allow the saddle to be low enough to scoot and get his feet down flat, a nice big flat smooth area and someone to take the pedals off and put them on again for him when he's ready...

Top Bottom