She just doesn't know when to stop....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
A lot of it is tongue in cheek, or purposely way over the top. She knows what she's doing, people lap it up, and she makes lots of money. Fair play to her.

It's all tongue in cheek. What she hopes is that enough people take what she says seriously to make her a load of money. She's is to political commentary what WWE is to professional sport

Saluki

World class procrastinator
She was on The Apprentice. And it went from there.
Ah. Never watched that. Cannot stand that alan sugar bloke. Mind you, sounds like they'd make a good pair. Both as obnoxious as each other.

AndyRM

XOXO
Ah. Never watched that. Cannot stand that alan sugar bloke. Mind you, sounds like they'd make a good pair. Both as obnoxious as each other.

It's a guilty pleasure of mine, mostly because I like to watch the graphic designers barely contain their rage as farkwits dictate ideas to them. I'm usually sat there with a large beverage after a day of the same thinking 'Brother, I feel your pain' as a large tear rolls slowly down my cheek.

AndyRM

XOXO
We're in a very bad place if those two tweets the BBC posted count as hate speech and could get somebody in trouble with the police.

Even on The Apprentice, everything she said about others was with a grin, i.e. it was all for the effect, and attention.

Agreed. But it's all about context and perception.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
She's a munter
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I find her quite attractive to look at (perhaps I should have gone to Specsavers), but to listen to, she is quite repulsive and I find her tactics of provoking outrage for her own ends cheap and nasty.

When I saw the title of the thread I knew who it would be about before I opened it, that is how obvious a phoney she is.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The late Linda Smith, on Neil Hamilton:

I don't really like you saying his name, because it gives him the oxygen of publicity and I'm not happy with him having the oxygen of oxygen.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I'd query 'stupid'. She clearly has a very clear focus on the gallery she's playing to, and an equally clear map of their erogenous zones. 'Obnoxious' I have no problem with.
Aye go on then, stupid is probably just my knee jerk dislike of her, hopefully this time though she has slipped up & gone too far for officiadom.

No, a couple of insensitive tweets will do her career no lasting harm.

Shortmember

Bickerton Cyclocross Racing Team groupie
She's just indulging in the ancient English pastime of winding up the Scots. Why they're getting their jock straps in a twist about it puzzles me. I don't think she meant her tweet to be taken seriously; and even if she did, does it really matter?

Brandane

Legendary Member
She's just indulging in the ancient English pastime of winding up the Scots. Why they're getting their jock straps in a twist about it puzzles me. I don't think she meant her tweet to be taken seriously; and even if she did, does it really matter?
I think you will find that "the ancient English pastime" is now called racism. Not that I particularly agree with all the namby pamby PC nonsense; as a proud Scot I couldn't give a friar tuck what the English think of us. We know we are superior, and that's all that matters :thumbsup:.

Thing is though, if that English airhead had made similar comments about people of certain other, more sensitive races, the sh!t would really have hit the fan! Just as well that us Scots have a sense of humour or we would have been marching towards the border right now to sort you nobbers out. Again.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom