Shed Security

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave W

I have 2 dogs but they're more likely to show a thief where the valuables are hidden than bite them.

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

My cat growls when he hears someone at the door. I should just train him to do the same with shed door noise.

lee1980sim

I think the point with the dog is if they're frantically barking you'll pay attention, ours was a few years ago and she alerted us to our car being broken into, ended up with a smashed window but they didnt take anything - smashed window covered on windscreen cover (£10) contents gone would've meant a claim on the insurance so in that instance the dog saved us a fair bit

e-rider

crappy member
2 locks on door, thick metal bar across door with 2 more locks; shed alarm; all bikes locked inside shed with D-locks to either each other or the shed frame or both. I reckon even a tooled up thief would take 15 minutes to get through that lot and that's if they hang about with the alarm going off.

I guess most important of all is an insurance policy that covers bikes in a shed - got that too!

paul04

Über Member
I have a brick shed so a lot harder to get into, I have two 5 lever mortice locks on the wooden door with a steel plate over them, and a steel garden gate in front of the shed door+a shed alarm

Top Bottom