Shed security

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I hate to say it but I guess they know you have bikes in there, so will be back.

Is there no way you can keep your bikes in the house, maybe for a few months? If you beef-up security it is confirming the fact there is something worth stealing so it is a catch 22 situation. The best outcome would be to beef-up security a bit but move the bikes to another location and let them break in and find nothing more interesting than a few dried up paint rollers, a broken lawn mower and an old deck chair.

si_c

Guru
I hate to say it but I guess they know you have bikes in there, so will be back.

Is there no way you can keep your bikes in the house, maybe for a few months? If you beef-up security it is confirming the fact there is something worth stealing so it is a catch 22 situation. The best outcome would be to beef-up security a bit but move the bikes to another location and let them break in and find nothing more interesting than a few dried up paint rollers, a broken lawn mower and an old deck chair.
That was going to be my suggestion - get the valuables in the house and then let them break in. Give it a couple of weeks and then properly review the security of the shed.

Out of curiousity what type of shed is it?

Levo-Lon

Guru
How would you break in? If you had to.
Answer that and make it so you would find it difficult.

Noise and light are your friend, and a secure shed is a tough one to keep people out.

The way there made is simply not upto the job.
Ground anchorage is also a good idea.
Would mean cutting a hole and concreting a post into the ground.
Or a steel bar or angle iron behind the door so you can't get bikes out.

postman

Legendary Member
A deep water feature might look good.A few piranha also,just for show mind you.

Top Bottom