Sheered Crank bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GavD

I was lucky when i fell into the road. In the traffic behind me was a little old lady driving an old car. Most drivers round here would've had their foot on the gas & it could've ended very differently.

I didn't know of the recall until after I'd taken a tumble. Put my serial number into their website :
https://www.brompton.com/About-Us/BB-Checker-Consumer and confirmed that it should've been swapped over.

Went into LBS this morning, the guy there said they'd changed a lot of bottom brackets but he'd heard of very few breaking.

I'm not very comfortable that there are other people out there who haven't swapped their bracket. There's a low risk of failure but a failure could potentially be fatal.
I'm wondering if there's more that Brompton could do ?

OP
OP
N

NotAnother Cyclist

It was in a lot of newspapers at the time. They also emailed everyone (presumably everyone who's registered their Brompton - have you registered yours?). It wasn't a secret that they'd done a recall, short of taking out newspaper and TV adverts I'm not sure what other action could be taken? Presumably any dealers would deal with any that come in for a service.

Kell

Veteran
Pretty sure I've had one of these before, but wouldn't swear to it. But minutes after reading this thread this morning, I got this email.

I'd imagine anyone that's registered their bike with Brompton would also get one. Though I don't ever remember getting anything from the shop I bought it from.

As it happens, I swapped out my BB ages ago anyway for a Shimano unit, so I'm ok.

36639402_10155392008241021_2537157123003908096_n.jpg

Milkfloat

An Peanut
They sent an email to me too - I don't even have a Brompton, maybe they want me to check the hire ones. However, I am glad they are still taking it seriously.

Top Bottom