She's gone!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Sit on your sofa in your underpants, a hat with corks, with a six pack of Fosters, and a lit disposable BBQ with a cow on top. Spill food everywhere, and dribble beer down your belly. Then in three weeks, get a professional cleaner in the day before you pick her up from the Airport.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I don't do fast food, I much prefer proper food. :okay:
take aways aren't fast food.

Every time I fancy one I remind myself that it takes between 30 and 50 minutes to arrive and i can cook something in half that time.

I wish they were fast.

Slick

Guru
I hate it when I'm home alone. It's usually me that's away for work but Mrs Slick is taking her mum away for a few days and I'll be left eating weetabix for dinner and wandering around the house like a ghost.

Milzy

Guru
My wife left me this morning .:sad:

You’re the luckiest man on C.C for sure.

………………….but she is coming back in 3 weeks time. I took her to the airport early this morning. She is flying to Hong Kong first for a 24 hour stopover and then on to Melbourne to visit her sister. She is flying with our grand daughter who just graduated as a nurse so she is in good hands. They are both coming back on the 25th so I have 3 weeks with just me and Molly ( the dog). They are also going to spend a few days in Sydney on the way back.
Now, what shall I cook tonight?

I hate it when I'm home alone. It's usually me that's away for work but Mrs Slick is taking her mum away for a few days and I'll be left eating weetabix for dinner and wandering around the house like a ghost.

get your self at arms length and give yourself a good shake man.

a few days alone gives plenty of time for cycling, walking the dog (if you have one) or spending more time on CC...............

or catch up on box sets on Dave or similar

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Great when you know she is coming back. Mine has gone off to that far of land from whose bourne no traveller ever returns. Drago’s mention of Seasons in the Sun reminds me I have it on my phone.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Nah, just get bored to tears. We are social animals and that's fine by me.

We're the same as you by the sounds of it.

We are not joined at the hip so to speak and whilst we each do our own thing whenever we want, we are at our happiest when in each others company and try and avoid being apart if we can.

Neither of us would jump and down with joy if the other was toddling off somewhere for a day, week or whatever. Conversely, neither would sulk if one of us wanted to go and do something that we really wanted to do - I occasionally go away for walking breaks with my hiking buddy and Lovely Wife visits her family from time to time.

We have masses of fun together and do lots of stuff as a couple and that's the way we both like marriage to be and tbh we are at a time of life (me 63 and LW 56) when it's starting to feel like every minute together is becoming more and more precious.

We are all different as they say.

Slick

Guru
We're the same as you by the sounds of it.

We are not joined at the hip so to speak and whilst we each do our own thing whenever we want, we are at our happiest when in each others company and try and avoid being apart if we can.

Neither of us would jump and down with joy if the other was toddling off somewhere for a day, week or whatever. Conversely, neither would sulk if one of us wanted to go and do something that we really wanted to do - I occasionally go away for walking breaks with my hiking buddy and Lovely Wife visits her family from time to time.

We have masses of fun together and do lots of stuff as a couple and that's the way we both like marriage to be and tbh we are at a time of life (me 63 and LW 56) when it's starting to feel like every minute together is becoming more and more precious.

We are all different as they say.
Myself and Mrs Slick to a T. I'm cycling Glasgow to Edinburgh on Sunday and Mrs Slick is going down some ancient drain under Paisley Abbey but we will both be looking for each other to share our stories of the day.

Top Bottom