she's leaving home.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I remember hearing that ABBA song watching our daughter walking off to school thinking it'll be awful when she's gone... then next year came and it was.
But that was 3 years ago and she has her own home now.

Right... no more prevaricating, picnic.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I left home at 18 and shacked up with my girlfriend. The P's knew I was leaving, but didn't know the ...erm... living arrangments till a month or so later ^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I left home at 18 and shacked up with my girlfriend. The P's knew I was leaving, but didn't know the ...erm... living arrangments till a month or so later ^_^
It's amazing how quickly attitudes to that changed! When my older sister moved in with her boyfriend in about 1971, my dad disowned her for over a year until they got married! He would drive my mum down to the next road to where they lived on the strict condition that she didn't tell him that she was walking round the corner to visit them! :wacko:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You having a larf Adrian?

Ethan

Is this how my parents feel? :blush:
I left home a little over half a year ago. I remember the day I left so well. My mate was driving all my crap to my uni and I had to fight the tears while I was waving goodbye to my mum and Dad :blush:
I didn't get on with my parents all that well, usually going to my room and sitting in there for hours. Now when I go home, I spend all day sitting in the living room with them :smile:
In many ways, leaving home has made up far closer.
I couldn't wait to leave home, until I actually got around to it. I miss the place so damn much now! Home is a grim rainy village in north wales, in a cold house with next to no transport for the majority of the day. But thats my home, and I cant wait to go back in summer! :biggrin:

Its tough leaving home, for everyone involved. I knew my mum and dad were in buts, which wasn't helped by my tearful 'I WANT TO COME HOME's down the phone every night for a week.
I dont think I'll stop missing that place and the old gimmers for a good few years though.

Top Bottom