She's only gone and bought me a.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Start off with some stabilisers ? ^_^

Katherine

Guru
Sounds great fun!

I wanted to try unicycling before my last big birthday and my colleagues sent me to a group in Rochdale that teach circus skills. I had one lesson and said I was going to go back but I didn't because it took me so long to get there.
Anyway, I managed to get across the room by the end of the session but still stayed close to the handrail they had against the wall. I remember that I was told to forget everything I'd learnt about balancing on a bike with 2 wheels. Instead, look straight ahead and imagine that I was walking.
So find a smooth bit of path somewhwere where there is a wall or fence that you can put one hand on. It might be a while before you can stay upright, let alone move forwards, but you will suddenly find yourself actually moving.
Making me want another go!

https://www.wikihow.com/Ride-and-Mount-a-Unicycle

simongt

Guru
And of course, with unicycles being 'fixies' by the very nature of their design, makes control a whole new thinking level. ^_^

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Thanks for all the replies

Yes it sooo different, I keep wacking my ankle! I'm tall and I think the seat is too low, I may try to get some kind of extension, or take a few inches of my legs :smile:

Being a fixie feels odd, my brain isn't sending the right signals yet, I did read it would take at least 15 hours of riding before you get anything like the hang of it, and you should do it in small chunks, that's my thoughts at the moment

Last edited:
Top Bottom