She's only gone and bought me a.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan O

Über Member
What a wonderful Christmas gift!

If you want some inspiration, check out Ed Pratt who's unicycling round the world - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuNy42Y5egf07cSiHbF23wg

D

Deleted member 26715

I've always wanted one, but suspect too old to have the reaction time to use one now

hoopdriver

Guru
Forty years ago in Albuquerque I saw a guy ride down a long flight of concrete steps on a unicycle. He did it so casually, jauntily and he just kept on going once he reached the bottom, round the corner and out of sight...but not out of my memory. I still think of him, whoever he was, whenever I see or think of unicycles.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Theres a guy I see around Aston in Birmingham when I commute in using a unicycle for his commute . All suited and booted on it aswell, fair play to him :okay:
Good luck to you mate, hope you manage to crack it :smile:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I often see a guy around my way on a 36" wheel unicycle .
He rides it on rough terain as well as tarmac.
He's very good on it.
I tried it once as a teacher had one ..weird a d a none starter..he was ok on it

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
I'll keep you all posted

Actually, if I don't post, assume the worst

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I spoke to an American student who did one of the organised rides in Durham City, UK, on a unicycle.

His unicycle had a 26" MTB wheel, and he told me he used it pretty much as an ordinary bike.

The most difficult part, according to him, was steep descending where the unicycle will tend to run away with the rider.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I spoke to an American student who did one of the organised rides in Durham City, UK, on a unicycle.

His unicycle had a 26" MTB wheel, and he told me he used it pretty much as an ordinary bike.

The most difficult part, according to him, was steep descending where the unicycle will tend to run away with the rider.

When cycling around the top of the Malverns one time, I had a surprise encounter with a unicyclist emerging fast from a steep side street. He sped out in front of me and crossed the road at speed. I never did know whether this was just a confident move from a skilful rider in full control of his bike or a desperate and futile attempt to avoid a visit to A&E.

Top Bottom