She's Taking A Liberty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
whssign.JPG

subaqua

What’s the point
The best accompaniment to whisk(e)y *not just scotch* is a drop of water as it releases the esters and enhances the flavour as the distiller intended. You will see almost a petrol on wet road sheen as the water goes in, this is a good thing. To be totally pedantic it should be water from the same source as the whisk(e)y.

However at the prices people pay for it, you can put in whatever you wish to preferred taste. I tend to be a neat or drop of water man, if I want it colder I put it in the fridge for a bit rather than add ice & by default far too much water.

surely that depends on the size of the ice cube or the amount of single malt in the glass. took a LOT of experimentation with one glass as the fixed thing to find the perfect amount of single malt per cube . I love watching the water in the scotch as it forms the oily trails.

First there is a God and then there is single malt. Putting anything other than ice and water into the holy spirit leads to heresy and a definite call to Jihad.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
surely that depends on the size of the ice cube or the amount of single malt in the glass. took a LOT of experimentation with one glass as the fixed thing to find the perfect amount of single malt per cube . I love watching the water in the scotch as it forms the oily trails.
Excellent point well made. Can I blame large ice cubes rather than me being a total lightweight when it comes to drinking

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Substitute scotch with gin, and 1976 with 1978, and my story is identical :thumbsup:.
I've a similar one that involved drinking whiskey and eating chips (from the shop at the bottom of Christmas steps circa 1987), and yes it has had a long knock on effect! After being very sick I really really don't like chips from a chip shop even now. :biggrin: (The whiskey was entirely innocent).

stephec

Legendary Member
Substitute scotch with gin, and 1976 with 1978, and my story is identical :thumbsup:.
1986 and Southern Comfort for me, even the smell of it's enough to turn my stomach.

Could be worse

My wife once used my Pussers Rum in a dish

..and to make it worse it was a presentation decanter as well!

rum_pus14.jpg

Top Bottom