Shifter indicator not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T675Rich

It appears Brendan did knacker something on my bike as this is the first ride since and the gear indicator on the rear shifter doesn't change, the derailleur is working fine and the gears are shifting fine so it's not the end of the world but I do like to know what chainring I am in at the back. I am wondering if anyone has had and fixed a similar problem. I assume it requires taking the shifter apart and I also assume this thing is full of little parts that knowing my luck will fly everywhere so I guess I am trying to gauge if the risk of opening it all up is worth it.

Cheers

Shimano M310 Rapidfire Plus, 3x8 btw.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I wouldn't bother. I tried it once (not with that model) and bits went everywhere and it turned out not to be repairable anyway.

It would be cheaper to replace, if you are that bothered about it. Just remember you will need a new cable also.

Ironically, you have to pay more for shifters without gear indicators and for ones that you can remove - strange

OP
OP
T675Rich

T675Rich

That was my worry tbh, It's not the end of the world so I will probably just leave it but if I decide not to I can get a replacement with a new cable for £15 on amazon.

Top Bottom