Shifter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
lol.. sorry guv... you can't beat 105 for durability though. It's the workhorse of the Shimano range. Set up right it works perfectly. My shifter did last 3 years before it went kaput, and that then was an opportunity to upgrade to Ultegra.
The one is a double not tripple so I hope there is less to go wrong. And it's 10 years old.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The one is a double not tripple so I hope there is less to go wrong. And it's 10 years old.

*cough* Mine was a double...:whistle:

Svendo

Guru
Ultegra 6700 Triple...

It has been playing up the last few months and didnt like shifting up into the big crank from the middle but shifting up from the smallest crank to the middle was fine. Shifting down was no problem either.

I was riding the other day and was switching the big crank a few times with little or no trouble. Until i started talking to another cyclist and started following him went to get into the middle cog and it wouldnt gear down. The shifter was stiff and was like it was locked until i took the gaer cable off the front derailer. reconnected it and it still wont shift.

Could be the cable breaking at or in the shifter, worth checking out. Had similar progressive problems with front shifter, it was the cable breaking at the bottom bracket. Also had the rear cable break in the shifter causing, again, similar problems.

Top Bottom