Shimano 105 10 speed R/Hand shifter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
My friend is looking for a Shimano 105 (5700 I think?) 10 speed R/Hand shifter or even a set (double) for his 7 year old Cube, he’s happy to buy new but everywhere looks to be out of stock. Does anyone know of any available, or does anyone have one for sale?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I possibly still have a RH shifter off my old road bike. If I still have it, it is 10 speed ultegra or 105. If I remember I’ll check tomorrow.

monkers

Veteran
Last edited:
OP
OP
Spiderweb

Spiderweb

Not So Special One

monkers

Veteran
Thank you so much for this info, I don’t know how you found these as I’ve looked everywhere for my friend and no stock anywhere!
It is new set he really wants so I’ve passed on the information.

You are very welcome, glad to know it helped. The discount is a cherry on the cake.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thank you so much for this info, I don’t know how you found these as I’ve looked everywhere for my friend and no stock anywhere!
It is new set he really wants so I’ve passed on the information.
Hopefully he’s bought them as showing as out of stock now

T4tomo

Guru
not everyone's cup of tea, but if you cant get RH shifter to match current LH, then Microshift do some decent 10spd shifters and can be found via ebay or other outlets at keen prices. Fully Shimano compatible, LH has trim function etc similar to 105 and it works very well. It has 2 separate paddles and the brake lever just does braking. You can't use 10sp Tiagra 4700 as the pull ration is different.

It saves upgrading everything else to 11 speed.

OP
OP
Spiderweb

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Hopefully he’s bought them as showing as out of stock now
Yes he bought them first thing this morning.

monkers

Veteran

newts

Veteran
Shimano shifters seem to very elusive, Iv'e been waiting for an Ultegra hydraulic lever warranty replacement since last August.
I kept being promised it would be 4-6 weeks & recently told it will now be late June at the very earliest.

monkers

Veteran
Shimano shifters seem to very elusive, Iv'e been waiting for an Ultegra hydraulic lever warranty replacement since last August.
I kept being promised it would be 4-6 weeks & recently told it will now be late June at the very earliest.
@newts

Sorry to hear this. Is your bike off the road? Perhaps if you post further details, we might help find one so that you can pursue your claim?

newts

Veteran
@newts

Sorry to hear this. Is your bike off the road? Perhaps if you post further details, we might help find one so that you can pursue your claim?
Yes, the bikes been off the road all this time with a failed shifter.
I have another bike albeit not as nice to ride, so not the end of the world in amongst everything else going on in the world.
It's being done by LBS (they've already been credited by Madison for the part), they weren't keen a while back when i offered to purchase one elsewhere & them credit me back for it. Currently it appears they are no longer any available in the UK.

monkers

Veteran
Yes, the bikes been off the road all this time with a failed shifter.
I have another bike albeit not as nice to ride, so not the end of the world in amongst everything else going on in the world.
It's being done by LBS (they've already been credited by Madison for the part), they weren't keen a while back when i offered to purchase one elsewhere & them credit me back for it. Currently it appears they are no longer any available in the UK.

You are more predisposed to patience than me. I'd be really quite cross! Have you been offered an exchange bike, a refund, compensation for loss of use, or any other remedy?

Top Bottom