Shimano Grrrr!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Yep, done that!

Daft thing is that, as I cut off about a foot and a half after fitting the front Mech first, I remember thinking how wasteful it was, D'oh!!

Your little post has reminded me of my dad.In the 1950's he was a Foreman decorator and was sent to Bristol to finish off a job.The team that had been sent down the week before painted the outside of the WRONG shop.So it was a rush job to paint the correct job in the time frame specified.

Gary E

Veteran
I once replaced a starter motor on my car. This required all manner of disconnections and removal of other components to even get to it. I got it off, put it on the bench, thoroughly cleaned the area ready to put the replacement motor on, then promptly refitted the faulty item that I'd just taken off!
This was back in the days when I bought most car spares from a scrap dealer (back in the days when you got to climb over old cars and remove what you wanted :smile: )so the condition of the new part was no clue :sad:

Once you have the cable fitted it does, but it is a hell of a fiddle to thread it through the shifter.
I'll only sympathise if you admit to how many beers you consumed beforehand.

Levo-Lon

Guru
None, but working in a dimly lit garage as it was piddling down outside. Next job is a second light in the garage.

i have a 250w floodlight in mine ,500w is too much.
simply zipped to the roof and the cable plugs into my outside socket.
brilliant for winter tinkering and gives of a bit of warmth too

D

Deleted member 26715

I know times are tough and costs have to be cut, but that little economy move must have saved them about a tenth of a yen.
Although I wholeheartedly agree with you, I find the same with some car manufacturers, but if you save 1p on 1,000,000 items, it all adds upp

Top Bottom