Shimano J02A brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Anyone tried any of the other copies of these that I have seen on the bay ? Have to say I`m not getting much joy out of the original shimano resin pads. Hell of a squeal from the discs which indicates contamination however can only assume its crud from the road etc . Its the second set of these and again hardly any miles on them and they are hellish and toil to bring the bike to halt.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Superstar do a version with a separate cooling fin. They're about 1/2 the price of the shimano originals.

The sintered ones stop very well but don't half make a racket in the wet, not tried their resin ones.

pclay

Veteran
I have Ultegra hydraulic brakes with BR-R785 brakes. I have done nearly 2000 miles on the same set of brakes and they still have plenty of life left in them. I have started looking at getting replacements (for my spares drawer) and I can't believe that Shimano branded brake pads are going to cost nearly £40 for the bike.

The pads I have, have the cooling fins on them, which are code J02A. From what I can tell G01A and F01A are also compatible. These look different as they don't have the cooling fins.

Last edited:
Top Bottom